NHRA Crash in AZ..

ChevyMan1972

Everyone,

Not sure if everyone has heard, but my Dad called me and said there was a Top Fuel crash w/ Antron Brown...heard he walked away but a tire went into the crowd and killed someone... Not sure but it's on ESPN 2 right now 7 - 10pm...check it out...

Dan

Lady was taken by helicopter to a local hospital where she later died, and i would be affraid to take a pro stock down the left lane with the bumps. I think just about everyone made a move around the 1000 ft mark.

Guest Removed
Some tech got fired, wheels just don't fall off those cars.

then you must not follow the sport much, cause when they get in and out of tire shake, they shear the wheel studs off.

wheels and tire are the number 1 killer, when it come to flying parts

no so funny now is it Dane?...

"What a horrible way to go...What happened to Mary?

A tire... hit her in the face. How do you say that without laughing.

A tire- I can't even do it now! How did Mary die? A TIRE hit her in the FACE!

What was she doing putting her face near tires?

No no no no this tire hunted Mary down. This tire murdered Mary.

This tire wasn't fucking around as we like to say.

This tire was out for vengeance.

I don't wanna die with a tire hitting me in the goddamn face."

then you must not follow the sport much, cause when they get in and out of tire shake, they shear the wheel studs off.

wheels and tire are the number 1 killer, when it come to flying parts

I have been to and watched quite a few races, and seen way worse wheel hop with no wheel come off. That is all I am saying. I have been on the track within 25 feet of two top fuels leaving the tree. I was volunteering for NHRA for the weekend. Also I agree that the wheels would kill, everything on the engine is tethered, especially the Blower, they Grenade all the time.

Also the stuff coming out of the engine is Nitro methane, if you have ever been in the pits, when they tune them the yellow fog that comes out of the stall is caustic. Holly shit it burns your lungs. I like the smell of it though. The tuners have to wear gas masks.

Wheel studs sheer off of T/F cars all the time. Tire shake is so violent. We have shaken the tires so hard on the Pro Stock and Top Sportsman cars that it has actually ripped the steel floor on the drivers side. Tire Shake can really do a lot of damage to a race car if it is violent enough. I was standing next to Gene Wilson years ago on the starting line in Darlington and watched his car come 2 feet off the ground from tire shake. They had to actually pull him out of the car because it banged him around that mush. My buddy Tom still has neck problems and he has not raced for the last 2 or 3 years all due to tire shake. I can't believe some of the comments I hear sometimes from people who claim to be super fans of the sport and sound like the biggest fu%^ing idiots because they dont have a clue what they are talking about.