Perfomance shop sending me turbo s10 headers. Need mock up turbos pics inside!

Mattsv8

hey guys there is a shop in california. and member on turbofourms. looking to build a v8s10. universal turbo header. he is sending it to me for mock up on the s10 and blazer.

i need to find a set of twin 70s and a single 78, for mock up only. not going to be used or abused. i take good care of everything i have.. i will mock it up to my existing t88 as well.

if all goes good he is going to be making other kits to sell. already talking about a set for my camaro with twins or big single.

here is his site.http://cprstreetmachines.com/

he has built some wicked mustangs. but wants to do the headers prety bad.

thanks to anyone who can help. i should only need them for arround 1 week. for pics and measurments.

Edited by Mattsv8
added pics

No im just using it for mock up and some measurments. the headers will b universal either twin or single but he is checking fitment arround steering on booster and shaft and manual brakes. if they fit well he is going to sell them for s10s then make some for f bodys. he is a ford guy too but he sees the need for this in the gm world

Guest Removed
You need to get in contact with chad on here. He has like x50 in stock for his on 3 kits he sells. He might have some fubared ones??

he is out of the mp70's at the moment. not sure on his 78's....he just left with the sn-95 chassis i mocked up for him.

no but i want to see it happen. a bolt on turbo header for s10s are non existant. and if they do well wich im shure they will. a f body setup will follow.

if they fit and all goes as planned ill have a set on the blazer and camaro. but only time will tell.

I say if you go through the hassle of taking off your headers and turbo, risking exhaust leaks, busted knuckles, down-time on the car, and take the time to do pictures/tech support the guy should at least give you a set of headers for your blazer or a back-up set for the s10 should your existing headers rust out/crack... If it were my performance parts company I would not think that would be unreasonable as his alternative is to buy an S10 and swap a v8 in it or at least another one if he is checking for production variance in motor mounts or something but that's just me- I guess I am not as nice.

driver side header is here for mock up. these would fit any third gen camaro proably any malibu/chevell and nova. they are stainless and 1/2 flanges.

bad ass in my book. im mocking them up as we speek. cant wait for my two sets.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/Mattsv8_03/SSPX4395.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/Mattsv8_03/SSPX4396.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/Mattsv8_03/SSPX4397.jpg

the exh already has leaks too. its had exh leaks from day one. on the v bands. there is about a 1/4 in gap on the driver side header to the crossover.

Do you have anything passing through the Vband or are they just mating flat to flat? For a Vband to work correctly it needs to have a section of tubing passing through it, so when they are together that section enters the opposite flange. What seasl them is that section passing through heating and expanding into the to opposing flange, not the flat surfaces of the V-band. Most companies/people dont use them correctly and they leak.

headers look good. I think we trained (SCT) the guy who owns that shop out in california when he had a different shop (I think it was DPR maybe?) But his mustang looks familure.

no they made them flat and thats why all 3 vband leak. also one pipe has a huge gap up and out of the header wich makes it a pian in the ass. i knew about the pipe extending threw i figured they did too but i guess not. i didnt know about it untill i had to take it apart and fix the leaks. wich is a no go. the only real way to fix it would be cut them off and new pipe and start over. wich im shure wont get done for free. but should be since its made incorrectly

this header we are working on will proably end up with a short collector and a t4 flange. and proably a v band by special order. im deff going to get a set for the camaro and maybe the blazer.