09 R1 vs. 09 CBR 1000RR

brennan

The motor sound. Damn... LOVE IT - R1!!

I think what they stated is what I believe in my mind, as well. More ability to use the power and when asked for on the top and middle of the power band, the R1 is going to win out.

That ability to switch maps is great and allows for adaptation in different scenerios. I like that on any of these big bikes, but when it is nice and you can lay out some solid paces, you can switch to the best map and get what you want...

I like the CBR more and more, though. It's a really great bike and I think it is going to get left behind and forgotten in typical Honda fashion after the new Zook is added to the mix...

I just wish they would get all the comparos done to help me decide which I'm getting.

Why do you need a comparo? They've tested about every one of them. No need on the CBR. You have the R1 tests already done. I think the next RRW will be on the GSXR.

You need to not listen to what people say and really go with what works for you and satisfies what you want. All these bikes are so damn close it is picking from VERY small differences...

Why do you need a comparo? They've tested about every one of them. No need on the CBR. You have the R1 tests already done. I think the next RRW will be on the GSXR.

You need to not listen to what people say and really go with what works for you and satisfies what you want. All these bikes are so damn close it is picking from VERY small differences...

Loved my CBR and was leaning towards another one until I read about the changes to the R1. I like Yami's, but the one thing that has bugged me about them was the power band. I've ridden one R1 and one R6, it really bugged more on the R6. With that not supposedly being as much an issue now, it's a toss up. I'm also curious about the new GSXR. I've rode a couple and like those as well.

I'm betting in the end it's going to be the CBR or R1. I'm not in a huge hurry though, as i wouldn't have the time (weather permitting) to ride it even if I went over to Southside and got one tomorrow.

Need more tea...sorry if that sounds like rambling...

Lizard is right... all the bikes are so close, it doesn't matter. I mean, nobody here can ride any of these bikes to there full potential.. if you could, then you would be racing in the AMA, SBK, MotoGP, etc..

If it is for street riding, then the above statement is even more true!

Get what you like, and ride!

Loved my CBR and was leaning towards another one until I read about the changes to the R1. I like Yami's, but the one thing that has bugged me about them was the power band. I've ridden one R1 and one R6, it really bugged more on the R6. With that not supposedly being as much an issue now, it's a toss up. I'm also curious about the new GSXR. I've rode a couple and like those as well.

I'm betting in the end it's going to be the CBR or R1. I'm not in a huge hurry though, as i wouldn't have the time (weather permitting) to ride it even if I went over to Southside and got one tomorrow.

what happened to the cbr?

You know of all the sportbikes out there, I've never went on a ride with somebody on an R1. I've never personally knew ANYONE that has had one. I know I'll see you on a few rides over the season fusion, so you should get the R1 so I can see it in action. :cool:

For sure. You know either way I'll be out for at least a couple of rides.

If you go to Southside, talk to Gus over there. Tell him I sent you and I said Gus would get you the best deal. Tell him you met me at the track for some track days and I suggested you talk to him...

Yup. Very cool at the time. It was even cooler when they were putting the R1 motor in that chassis. However, the newest R1 makes the old R7 look like a CBR Hurricane...

i was told the race r7 had like 150 hp..id true thats great for its time..i say one for sale and i had never seen one before

If you go to Southside, talk to Gus over there. Tell him I sent you and I said Gus would get you the best deal. Tell him you met me at the track for some track days and I suggested you talk to him...

Yeah he already knows I'm looking to buy. As soon as he heard I wrecked my last he was ready pull out another for me. :lol: He's probably the reason we go back there for stuff.

I've seen a R7 in person. I love those old R7's... that has to be one of my top 5 favorite bikes! They were the shit back in the day! I'd still own one if I could, you just don't see many of them around anymore! Sucks too because they were cool bikes, but not for the price yami wanted for them!