SnowSport plow on my Ram

nurkvinny

Got tired of getting my tractor stuck, breaking others' plow trucks in my driveway and asking people to plow my driveway, so I ordered a 7' SnowSport plow last Thursday. It showed up on Tuesday and I had it on Wednesday. I took a lot of pics, but here's just a couple.

On pre-06 models, Dodge has existing holes in the front frame to mount the front hitch that holds the plow mount. 06 and up do not, of course. They tell you to use this fishing method using an existing tiny hole 16" away from the bolt holes to get the bolts and carriage spaces into the right areas (inside the frame rail). That seemed WAY too hard, so cutting wheels came out:

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu8/nurkvinnyz06/SnowSportPlow/0224001540-1.jpg

Here it is mostly installed and angled to the driver side:

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu8/nurkvinnyz06/SnowSportPlow/0224001809-1.jpg

Used it tonight because I have drifts like a mofo, and was pushing snow higher than my Ram's hood. Very impressed so far.

I think they start at $799 for a rear-mount that uses an existing rear hitch (yep, plowing in reverse). Why not?

The front mount 7', straight only, is like $1099. Add $150ish for a front mount if you don't already have one and around $100ish for the 3-angle option. Free shipping from Agri-Cover, the manufacturer. They also have a 8' I think.

I figured if I ended up hating it, I would sell it off next year during the first real snow and move up to a "real" plow. This has a strap that holds it down for their version of down pressure. When backing up, the blade tilts towards the truck and it uses the outer bigass rubber pieces as wheels, so it doesn't backblade everything you just pushed forward.

I read a TON of comments on plowing forums - mostly from guys with $5500 plows - calling this nothing but a big shovel. But, again, I am honestly impressed. I can lift the thing easily but the brackets on the truck are very heavy-duty.

Plus, now I have a front hitch for other things if I want - cargo, winch, etc. I also realized tonight that I could transport the plow on my rear hitch. That would be cool for less resistance and it would probably scare the shit out of some people behind me.

Some crappy video - http://www.agricover.com/index.php/products/category/C24/

Edited by nurkvinny

Cool. Wish I had that when I had my SUV. I like how they show it on the back of a little red Vibe :D

Gets the job done, especially for the average guy with a big as driveway. I think I saw one on a vehicle just recently. I just remember thinking it was a "mini" plow and noticed the vehicle didn't need extra lights as it seemed pretty small.

I think it looks especially small since the front end of the Ram is so damned big.

The other thing I like about this solution is I don't have one more thing that needs tune-ups, insurance, gas, etc.

I timed myself. 45 seconds to install the front pusher/mount + pin and lift the blade on. Ha, I didn't even catch the Vibe thing.

I'm not taking the shaft job on buying any snow removal stuff this time of year

If you're talking about this plow (and I don't think you really were), they were the same price this past Summer as they are now. You can probably pick up a used one off-season for cheap. Another benefit of new was their 3-year warranty... if it even snows again in Ohio during that time.

We sell these in both of our locations. They actually work pretty well. The only down side is that you can only push snow with them. We use them in both stores to clear the lots and while they wont did down as far as a commercial plow, we have always been very happy with the results.

What do you charge to install them (with hitch)? I'm curious to know how much I saved myself. :)

Also, after I threw the "special strap" in a box and installed a larger tie-down, the down pressure was pretty impressive. Took my whole driveway back down to gravel. I am sure it would not dig up ice though. My real goal is to keep my drive drivable and maybe some close neighbors.

What do you charge to install them (with hitch)? I'm curious to know how much I saved myself. :)

Also, after I threw the "special strap" in a box and installed a larger tie-down, the down pressure was pretty impressive. Took my whole driveway back down to gravel. I am sure it would not dig up ice though. My real goal is to keep my drive drivable and maybe some close neighbors.

I really dont know to be honest with you. I dont do a whole lot on that side of the business. We have sold since they came out I think 4 or 5 years ago. They seem to hold up really well. The one in Lewis center is as old as the store and we have never replaced any parts on it and it still looks fairly new.

Interesting, they found another use for the surplus of ricer wings in winter.

^^ Might have to have some Photoshop fun with that comment :D

Maybe I should try this with the MS3 :o

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/122314029/original.jpg

Edited by TTQ B4U