Spring 2009 ICON Catalog.

jagr

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i never understood the vest, im guessing it may help protect vitals in a crash?
Got it because for the extra protection on the spine. My leather jacket has great armor on the arms and shoulders but pathetic spine.

I think what he means here, is that you see riders with just the vest, and no jacket on over it. I have often wondered the same thing? How protected are your arms in a vest.

I now know what the vest should be used for.

Edited by Cdubyah

I think what he means here, is that you see riders with just the vest, and no jacket on over it. I have often wondered the same thing? How protected are your arms in a vest.

I now know what the vest should be used for.

i got messed up with he vest- sam i agree the field amour vest looks like a nice add on under a t or sweatshirt or even a jacket..cant hurt for 100, and looks lightweight..im guessing you have this one correct sam?

cdub- orginally i was talking about the icon vest that are leather with camo and skulls and shit on them..whats the point, to wear over a t shirt. im thinking id rather just have nice breathable textile jacket..

im going to the dealer today so i may try on the field amour, starting to like it for 100

Insulated Denim. Nice.

Removable liner.

Dual purpose, even better.

showImage.jsp?class_id=7870&image_type=fullsize&rank=100

The Icon design and development team is located in dark and cold Portland, Oregon. Most of us ride to work year-round. Those of you who do the same will understand what we're up to with this genius product. The big deal here is the removable and washable insulated lining, which gives you the choice: ultra-toasty, or cool and loose. The outer chassis is heavy 14oz denim with integrated Aramid reinforced knee and hip panels, all blended together with some trick urban styling. We can't warm your tires before you set out, but we can offer a product that keeps your knees from knocking against the tank.

• Durable 14oz. denim
  • Removable insulated washable lining
  • Aramid reinforced knee & hip panels
  • Imported

Wow...

Are those the Jessica Simpson replicas?

jessicasimpsonmomjeansel2.jpg

Well I.. WAS.. thinking of checking out those Icon pants.

I still will too. I have the Recon denim in all black. They are pretty substantial. Obviously better than regular jeans.

I also picked up some Kevlar reinforced digital desert night camo print BDU pants to wear as overpants in the morning over my work uniform. They are a little heavie fabric than the icon pant. It's heavy cloth like a new pair of Dickies.

I still will too. I have the Recon denim in all black. They are pretty substantial. Obviously better than regular jeans.

I also picked up some Kevlar reinforced digital desert night camo print BDU pants to wear as overpants in the morning over my work uniform. They are a little heavie fabric than the icon pant. It's heavy cloth like a new pair of Dickies.

I need to get me some new work pants, my junk keeps blowing out the crotch in all my jeans....0002006E.gif

i got messed up with he vest- sam i agree the field amour vest looks like a nice add on under a t or sweatshirt or even a jacket..cant hurt for 100, and looks lightweight..im guessing you have this one correct sam?

im going to the dealer today so i may try on the field amour, starting to like it for 100

You are right, I was talking about the field vest. It's a great addition to an armored jacket. Head and spine are the 2 most important things that need protected. I dont think the back armor in most jackets is sufficient protection.

i just went shopping and picked up a shift avenger pinstripe blk textile..a joe rocket tank bag(hate joe rocket btw) which is small and looks sick!..and last but not least a icon field amour vest!..the thing is way way light and soft..thanks sambusa(did i just say that) for the idea! im ready to ride now

i just went shopping and picked up a shift avenger pinstripe blk textile..a joe rocket tank bag(hate joe rocket btw) which is small and looks sick!..and last but not least a icon field amour vest!..the thing is way way light and soft..thanks sambusa(did i just say that) for the idea! im ready to ride now

:lol:

nothing wrong with icon gear at all.

some people dont want to look boy racer in full leathers going on a sunday ride.

i personally am not goign to be wearing a full leather suit, gauntlet gloves and some horribly uncomfortable race boots to ride in.

Icon makes a great product that is protective, quality, and comfortable, everything i would want for street riding.

im all for being safe and wearing gear, but some of you guys get a little crazy with the full race gear for an afternoon ride.

this is not moto gp, its county roads.