Mid Ohio AMA and Vintage races

quessimasquid

looking for a little insight. preferable the helpful kind. i'd like to check these races out. ive heard camping is a steal if u camp there the whole week. also have heard theres no hook-ups. i'd be bringing a 26 foot travel trailer. so i'd have to buy or borrow agenerator i guess. ive also heard after 2200 hours its quiet time and generators have to be shut down? i'd be bringing my children and am concerned about some of these issues.

So to the question. can anyone confirm or deny any of these things? can any give me some personel experience with this and recommendations up to and including not doing this. P.S. id like to do 1-2 track days during that week while i would be there. thanks.

ive been to the vintage races/days. good fun and of course lots of cool stuff to look at. i didnt camp though. though you are right there are no hook ups. there are hotels of of 71 that are only like 10 minutes away though so thats always an idea.

There are no hookups and the bathrooms suck !

the place is verry family friendly and there is alot for the kids to see. The racers make a much appreciated effort to speek to the kids, sign autograffs and everything. My stepkids had a great time and met and talked to ALL the superbike racers.

There is an awesome campgrounds a 10 min. drive away , with canoe and tube rentals horseback riding, a swiming pond and nice clean showers and bathrooms !!

The best place to camp and realy close is called the Blue lagoon !!

the whole infield is open and free parking for bikes and set up with picnic tables and some grills.

I'll look for a link. That's where I camp when I go !! don't miss it

thanks for the replys. so what do you think for the price stay at mid ohio or camp somewhere else and just go to the races and do the track days. me and my family have grown accustomed to ammenitites like hook-ups. wouldn't be so bad if you could run a generator but i think thats against the rules during 'quiet time'. im worried it will be ass hot during the night and we wont even be able to run a fan!

Vintage days at Mid-Ohio are an absolute treat for the true motorcycle fan. You must camp at the track. Most of the people are a little older crowd and that makes it a little more sane. The going on at the track after the engines are turned off is as fun as the races. Vintage days now is on the schedule of so many pros both current and former you can have a beer with Nixon, Springsteen or guys like Aldana. Now with the vintage motocross, the number of former greats showing up is unbelievable. But the most fun is talking to some of the AHRMA regulars like 83 year old Al Knapp and Doc Batcheler, who has built or owned eight of the Indian side shifters. We also have Dave Roper, the only american to ever win a race at the Isle of Man. Dave is one of the best riders this country has ever produced on his Norton Manx vs. Timmy Joyce. Tim Joyce got his first modern race bike last year a Daytona 675 and because of his hundred or so titles is attempting to qualify for the Daytona 200 this year. I think he will be the oldest rookie to date. If Tim gets in I predict a top 25 finish with Robert McClendon. So come and enjoy. One thing though, borrow or buy a super quiet generator if you need power.

You will be able to run the generator at night. I wouldnt worry about it. I have ran one after quite hours. If someone says something, well, you may need to turn it off. But I wouldnt be too worried about it. Lots of people break the quite rule. haha

now that it was mentioned when i went up to see teh ama races. i was talking to a guy that worked there and they siad that they let the ppl with hondas keep them running cause its so quiet.. there you go.. new generator is the answer.

lol oh really? yeah they are quiet but dont make alot of power.

now that it was mentioned when i went up to see teh ama races. i was talking to a guy that worked there and they siad that they let the ppl with hondas keep them running cause its so quiet.. there you go.. new generator is the answer.

• 1 month later...

i have reserved a R.V. site and got the super pases for my family. Bonnie, i believe , was very helpful. she said there was still plenty of room. this season's AMA is making it difficult to get excited about, but oh well ats least theres the vintage race. if anyone else is staying up there be sure to stop by and say hey. still undecided on what track day/days we'll be doing.

i go every year, & have a great time ! i may suggest that if you camp at track, get there early, as mentioned above. they do not reserve the sites. it's first come first served. hotels can get very pricey, & most of them are already booked for this year. christopher