USA vs Canada

HotCarl

It was a great game. Both teams looks like they were throwing everything they had at each other. Miller had a great game and series. It if wasn't for him, USA wouldn't have even made it to the Gold medal game.

Oh and I wish it was Nash who got that game winning goal and not Crosby. But at least Canada's golden boy finally came through.

I think it's retarded that we beat Canada once and they then get to beat us once and they win the gold. So basically the first game meant nothing. If it's a double elimination tourney, we only lost once. Where's the next game? I don't like their format.

I think it's retarded that we beat Canada once and they then get to beat us once and they win the gold. So basically the first game meant nothing. If it's a double elimination tourney, we only lost once. Where's the next game? I don't like their format.

Yeah but our one win gave us the easy road to the gold medal game AND an extra day off. Canada was in the same bracket as both Russia, Sweden and the Czech's all of which were 'suppose' to finish ahead of us.

Ive never seen a team more pissed to receive a silver medal in my life. It was painfully obvious they didnt even want to be on the ice. Probably woulve been better off sending their medals via mail.

Ive never seen a team more pissed to receive a silver medal in my life. It was painfully obvious they didnt even want to be on the ice. Probably woulve been better off sending their medals via mail.

That is Olympic hockey there. The Silver medal is the most unwanted medal. A team has to loose the final game to win that medal. Even for Broze, the team has to win their final game.

Tell me about it.

My Junior year for the state tournament we beat the defending champs 5-0, and allowed 6 shots on goal all game.

They came back and beat us 3-2 the next day in the semi-finals off a zone clear that our goalie let ricochet off his stick, over his head and into the goal...

It's part of the game, something you have to learn to live with.

USA got the bye going into the first round as well.

x2

I was thinking about all the people that won silver medals through the games and they were all full of joy for the most part, with the exception of a few upsets.

That is Olympic hockey there. The Silver medal is the most unwanted medal. A team has to loose the final game to win that medal. Even for Broze, the team has to win their final game.

Yeah but did you see how happy the Fin's were to win the Bronze?! that was crazy. Im sure its the "well its better than nothing" mindset.

Just saw this on Light the Lamp, a hockey blog i keep track of, so i thought i'd share...

Top 25 Metered Markets for USA-Canada Olympic Gold Medal Hockey Game:

1. Buffalo, 32.6/51

2. Pittsburgh, 31.9/50

3. Detroit, 26.9/47

4. Minneapolis, 26.4/53

5. Milwaukee, 24.5/43

6. Boston, 24.1/46

7. Chicago, 23.5/41

8. Columbus, 22.3/37

9. Denver, 22.2/42

10. Philadelphia, 20.9/35

11. West Palm Beach, 20.3/33

12. Kansas City, 19.5/35

13. St. Louis, 19.4/39

14. Seattle, 19.3/45

15. Cincinnati, 19.2/31

16. New York, 19.0/36

17. Hartford, 18.5/30

18. Providence, 18.4/34

T19. Salt Lake City, 18.3/38

T19. Cleveland, 18.3/32

T21. Washington, D.C., 18.1/33

T21. Baltimore, 18.1/32

23. Ft. Myers, 18.0/34

T24. Austin, 17.1/34

T24. Indianapolis, 17.1/29

Who says Columbus isn't a hockey town?

-LTL

Ben, it's not a double elimination tourney, it's called a "Round Robin". The first 3 or 4 games are just for seeding purposes going into the actual tournament portion. The world cup of every sport that has one uses it as well.