Know how to tig weld?

35RFTW

If you do, I am looking to learn. Been considering getting a tig for our shop and myself. I have tig welded before, but nothing extensive. I would still consider myself to know little to nothing. Willing to pay for materials to practice with and your help learning. I would rather get some training from a pro that just play around and waste a bunch of consumables trying to learn. Mainly concerned with stainless and aluminum. Cast aluminum as well. I am free all day on Mondays and Sundays or any night after 7. Shoot me a text or an email to JustinA@800390bike.com. Once again looking to learn, not to hire a welder.

Check the local career centers (vocational schools). A lot of them will run evening adult ed classes. TIG might not be on the curriculum, but be nice to the teacher and they'll probably take care of you. If you can't find anything in Columbus let me know and I'll check with our welding teacher.

Was cool talking with you at the Easyrider show. I stopped by the booth sunday morning.

really don't want to bother people who aren't interested or don't have time. I know how when someone is too busy to be bothered by someone wanting to watch/interact. If the people listed are interested, they will see the thread and respond.(I hope lol)

Guest Removed
Call ether matt (tinman) he is a busy man just fyi or the guy from newark (used to own a shop and sponcerd here) I forget his name but was a top notch welder from what I heard when he left to start his shop. Maybe larry will chime in his name.

shawn and round2round racing or something like that

I learned it at LCT last year... id have to look up all the settings though. Im with you on the knowlage level however after 2 practice pieces i got it down.

Check the local career centers (vocational schools). A lot of them will run evening adult ed classes. TIG might not be on the curriculum, but be nice to the teacher and they'll probably take care of you. If you can't find anything in Columbus let me know and I'll check with our welding teacher.

Was cool talking with you at the Easyrider show. I stopped by the booth sunday morning.

and what school do you go to?

Guest Removed
I learned it at LCT last year... id have to look up all the settings though. Im with you on the knowlage level however after 2 practice pieces i got it down.

iirc, he teach's at tolls (sp)

What Gearhead said. I'm at teacher at a career center. I've thought about signing up for the adult ed welding class a number of times. Never had the need to weld anything, just thought it sounded like something fun to learn. I'm friends with the welding teacher, so anytime I need something done I hit him up for a favor. And when he needs his PC fixed he calls me.