myrtle beach people

nuttinfas

My family and I are goin to myrtle beach this summer. Has anyone been down there and been deep sea fishing? I've found a ton of places but was wondering if anyone on here has gone and what places was the best? there are 5 of use going fishing and we want a private charter. Thanks.

we didnt do deep sea like i wanted to (we were only there for 3 days), but i did see a lot of ads for charters...

we took some big catfish/ocean poles i had down, spent like <$20 on a couple rigs and bait at the peir and went fishing right off the surf...no license needed...we went july 4 weekend so it was packed during the day, but from about 1 1/2 hr before sunset it started to clear out to where we could fish...walk out til water was about waist deep, cast out as far as you can with some squid pieces on each hook, walk back and just reel in slowly, wait a few seconds, reel some more, until its back in

when its more light out we were catching some little pin fish, maybe 4-6", but once the majority of light was gone and into dark, i was catching 2 sharks at a time...granted they were small, but still fun...i caught like 10 in 2-3 hours one night

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/DSC03223.jpg?t=1246938440

My Dad, Brother, and I have gone on one of the large tour boats. It seemed fun for them (I'm not really into fishing.) The company was like 40min south of the main area of south mrytle.