Real or Fake?

Farkas

Incredibly fake.

1. For the trick to work, the direction of force must be parallel with the tabletop. That's why if you look carefully when someone does it, they pull the tablecloth downwards across the edge of the table.

2. Even in the first trick the items on the table moved. In the second, they move a little, but if you look carefully, the items move BACK into place, almost together.

2a. The tablecloth moves MUCH slower behind the bike than it did in the first trick, making it even less likely that it would work.

I believe they glued all of the plates and such together so they were just a bunch of heavy singular objects. Then had teflon 'feet' like you'd find on the bottom of a computer mouse applied to reduce friction. And finally, large magnets in the suspiciously thick table with corresponding ones in the items.

Or, now that I'm thinking of it. The KISS principle indicated that there just might be a second clear "tablecloth" or tethers, between the white one and the items, that's anchored to the back of the table. This would better account for the items moving back into place as a single unit.

Incredibly fake.

1. For the trick to work, the direction of force must be parallel with the tabletop. That's why if you look carefully when someone does it, they pull the tablecloth downwards across the edge of the table.

2. Even in the first trick the items on the table moved. In the second, they move a little, but if you look carefully, the items move BACK into place, almost together.

2a. The tablecloth moves MUCH slower behind the bike than it did in the first trick, making it even less likely that it would work.

I believe they glued all of the plates and such together so they were just a bunch of heavy singular objects. Then had teflon 'feet' like you'd find on the bottom of a computer mouse applied to reduce friction. And finally, large magnets in the suspiciously thick table with corresponding ones in the items.

Or, now that I'm thinking of it. The KISS principle indicated that there just might be a second clear "tablecloth" or tethers, between the white one and the items, that's anchored to the back of the table. This would better account for the items moving back into place as a single unit.

you have been exiled from the magicians club.

I vote magnets to help hold them in place.

Actually doesn't work well. The magnets pull the items down harder and increase friction, so the item is more likely to tip over. I think Thorne nailed it with the clear plastic sheet idea.

Anyway, definitely fake, the last few items had would have been right off, otherwise.

im going with fake...i just dont see the items on the end closest to the bike not tipping with all that sheet going underneath them...i can understand on the other end where the sheet isnt moving under the dishes for long, but on the close end i would think something would have fallen over.

Actually doesn't work well. The magnets pull the items down harder and increase friction, so the item is more likely to tip over. I think Thorne nailed it with the clear plastic sheet idea.

Anyway, definitely fake, the last few items had would have been right off, otherwise.

Low friction surface with a magnet strong enough to resist the initial move would work (as long as it was fixed). Also since you are dealing with a bike if there is a little more friction to start its not going to make much of a difference. Once the sheet is going with two low friction surfaces the magnets wouldnt make much of a difference.

I'm guessing you are going to have a rebuttle... before you do get a piece of paper and 2 magnets (I used two generic ones I got in the mail from my fridge (flat, 2''x4'' from my realtor). Have the bottom one go over the edge of the paper just enough to hold it still.. and pull the paper. One direction it didnt hold at all. The other the paper slides right through with no issues while the magnet only moves a little when it first starts. Get the right magnetic force to hold it down (since there are different magnetic strengths) along with the right surface area and it would work perfectly fine while giving you that initial move in the beginning to make people think its real... but the reality is its a video so the entire thing could have been done by someone behind a desk with editing software.

Edited by V8 Beast

Sweet, Didn't even know I thought that.