del sol for z28

boosted_Ok

i need a second opinion about a trade.. i have a del sol with a b18b motor motor has lower miles body has 161,xxx n is lowered... ive got a trade offer for a camaro z28 with 169,xxx on the body n motor... motor is clean body is too but the mileage is whats getting me n idk how well these lt1's are with high mileage... its a auto tranny completely stock as well thanks

there's nothing wrong with a '95 Z28.... that's actually a good year for moding because it has the ODBI PCM in it.

I don't see any issues with a high mileage LT1, things to look out for is a leaking intake manifold... these are nitorious because they use RTV sealant from the factory to seal the front and rear. Other than that, look under the water pump, look for moisture... if so, odds are, the Opti-spark is on it's way out.

I love my 95 Z28. There are some problems native to the motor, but every motor has them. If you're worried about the mileage on the motor (I wouldn't unless there is a noticeable problem) it's relatively easy to rebuild. I have a block, crank and bearings I'd sell you cheap. It'll be a big change from your Del Sol.

When the tune port engines came around, they were awesome and earlier V8s sucked.

When LT1s, LT4s came around, they were awesome and earlier V8s sucked.

When LSXs came around, they were awesome and earlier V8s sucked.

And some day, people will dog on the LS1s.

LT1 is a great engine.

Guest Removed

lt1 is ok...but there has to be tons of shit out for them. and on a budget, you can't go wrong

same with the 5.0 there are tons of parts running around