Dayton in April

OsuMj

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some ideas:

Downtown-ish:

dublin pub - Irish Pub type place, lots of different drinks, not bad food.

thai9 - Thai foodpretty good stuff. In the Oregon district.

My friend owns a small Thai restaurant also if peeps are into Thai.

Marion's Pizza - Great Dayton pizza. Have cheapish beers / pitchers.

Away from Downtown:

bar louie - tuesday is $1 burger night and discount pints till 7

adobe gillas - fun mexican theme'd bar, sometimes dead - also have tues specials.

brio - nicer italian food

Sounds goood... Any of those sound great actually. I think maybe dublin pub or bar louie might be the way. I can't really say no to $1 burgers. I don't know the agenda of this conference thing yet, so i'm not really sure when I'll be able to leave, but whoever wants to go out, you could PM your phone number and we could all figure out where to meet and stuff??

yikes, this isn't very organized... that's my bad.

Speed Marions pizza is right down the street from you in Centerville. I would put that under "downtown".

There is one on Shroyer - not far from downtown by UD

There is one on N. Main (48) - near 675

There is one at Stroop & Shroyer

Then one up near Wright State :p

and the other 3 that Chad is talking about... but not really near anything useful to me.

so this sucks, but I've had a fever all day and I'm not sure I'm actually even going to the conference. I think I am, bc I'm gonna feel better in the morning, but I'm gonna have to let you guys know in the morning... you guys could always go to the pizza place without me! :)

I'm leaving for Dayton... now.

If anyone actually wants to go anymore, I will be out of there by 5:30. I think I'm just gonna grab dinner then go home bc I feel better and I would like to keep it that way by not staying out all night :) Anyway, who is still in? We can go to Marions, just let me know which one is the best?

Edited by OsuMj

so far, I've noticed:

-ridiculous amounts of cables hanging over the street, possibly for some sort of a trolley that i have yet to see

-more music and radio stations focused on religion than any other city that i know...

so far, I've noticed:

-ridiculous amounts of cables hanging over the street, possibly for some sort of a trolley that i have yet to see

-more music and radio stations focused on religion than any other city that i know...

Play cds - the radio stations mostly suck or play the same 3 songs over and over and over.... :mad:

The power lines are for some of the buses. They look exactly like all the other buses except they have wires up to the cables.

I'd say this Marion's would be the best.

Town & Country

That Marion's would be right on my way home tonight, around 5:45 or 6. I'll keep checking this thread to see if you clowns are all still gonna be there, or if MJ is still even feeling up for it....

PS - yea, our radio sucks, but come on, 103.9 is a decent rock station

You guys are missing the SE corner of that circle. I thought Dayton was all fancy because they had a circle, but its only 3/4 of a circle... sorry kids.

Ok, sounds good. I'll be there at 6

That Marion's would be right on my way home tonight, around 5:45 or 6. I'll keep checking this thread to see if you clowns are all still gonna be there, or if MJ is still even feeling up for it....

PS - yea, our radio sucks, but come on, 103.9 is a decent rock station

103.9 plays the same stuff over and over, but it is sadly one of the better ones.

Did you have lunch at Frickers this afternoon - saw a guy that looked like you, but I wasn't sure since you weren't in bike gear.