wanted - canoe and/or kayak

evan9381

anyone got anything? just looking for something to take out on hoover this summer. i would prefer for a canoe something light weight (ie, the heavy plastic, prefer not to have aluminum), that i can throw up on my car top by myself if needed. seating for 2 + room for a cooler is ideal

kayak im still trying to find out what i want/need, so if you have something, let me know as well.

pics needed for sure

thanks!

I have a 16-18 ft (Cant remember) Discovery canoe with title used 2 times lol. Been sitting ever since i belive it was close to $1000 when we bought it new. I'll let it go cheap Pm me if your interested.

I have a 16-18 ft (Cant remember) Discovery canoe with title used 2 times lol. Been sitting ever since i belive it was close to $1000 when we bought it new. I'll let it go cheap Pm me if your interested.

pm sent

you trying to buy it or just borrow/rent? I have a mad river canoe that is 14 or 16ft. Amazingly comfortable seats, cup holders, awesome canoe. Not interested in selling it as my wife and I like to go a few times a year but I would be down for renting it out ha ha.

I have taken hoover dam down to cherrybottom rd before and it is a nice scenic trip but really fast. unfortunately you have to get out around the cherry bottom area as if you don,t you going to run in a series of dams by Morse rd.

I have taken hoover dam down to cherrybottom rd before and it is a nice scenic trip but really fast. unfortunately you have to get out around the cherry bottom area as if you don,t you going to run in a series of dams by Morse rd.

really? how tall are the dams? i didnt realize there were any there

i wouldnt mind doing hoover to gahanna-ish. i could easily park at creekside in gahanna and load up there.

edit - FWIW, i went out today and found a couple canoes brand new for $300, and a kayak that looked like it'd work for me for $350 on sale, so really im not looking to spend more than that used when i can buy new for that price

thanks

really? how tall are the dams? i didnt realize there were any there

i wouldnt mind doing hoover to gahanna-ish. i could easily park at creekside in gahanna and load up there.

edit - FWIW, i went out today and found a couple canoes brand new for $300, and a kayak that looked like it'd work for me for $350 on sale, so really im not looking to spend more than that used when i can buy new for that price

thanks

There is one right by the waste processing plant on morse rd. Good luck maneuvering through that thing. Good way to get killed. My dad and I put in at Woodside Green park off Stygler rd and took it all the way down to Pizzuro park near whitehall. Nice trip that takes a few hours. The thing is, once you get near downtown gahanna, you see a sign that says water hazard, no canoeing in 1000ft or something like that and we were like...well, we don't really have a choice so lets just keep going and find out what it is...well, what it is, is that bridge that goes across the river at Creekside, it's very low to the river and if the river is high you are going to lose your dome piece. Fortunately the river wasn't very high and my dad and I got under it. There were people watching with their kids that were pretty amused by it. After that is was smooth sailing. Nice weekend trip that takes a few hours.

There is one right by the waste processing plant on morse rd. Good luck maneuvering through that thing. Good way to get killed. My dad and I put in at Woodside Green park off Stygler rd and took it all the way down to Pizzuro park near whitehall. Nice trip that takes a few hours. The thing is, once you get near downtown gahanna, you see a sign that says water hazard, no canoeing in 1000ft or something like that and we were like...well, we don't really have a choice so lets just keep going and find out what it is...well, what it is, is that bridge that goes across the river at Creekside, it's very low to the river and if the river is high you are going to lose your dome piece. Fortunately the river wasn't very high and my dad and I got under it. There were people watching with their kids that were pretty amused by it. After that is was smooth sailing. Nice weekend trip that takes a few hours.

i just google mapped it and saw that dam just before morse rd. and yeah, i forgot about the new bridge at creekside. plus those rocks right by the stone steps...i know we used to walk across them as a kid when we fished there, and the water was only a few inches over the rocks...its shallow there though

i may have to do something like woodside green park down to main street...it looks like theres a parking lot right there i could stop at.

i cant wait to get out this summer. i was out a bunch cycling last year and its in the shop now getting a couple things, but im ready to get back out on that again...fuck sitting at home this summer. im going to be out all the time.

i sent him a PM a couple days ago...i haven't heard back, but im sure he's busy enjoying being engaged...

but seeing a lot of his posts from the last few years out fishing and being on the water and doing streams in his kayak is what made me want to follow through with getting a kayak this year. i think in one of his threads i even mentioned getting into it, but at that time i was living in an apartment with nowhere to store a kayak or canoe, so it went nowhere. now i have a garage and since im real close, i want to finally get into it

probably, but im not in a huge rush. hell, i was driving around hoover today to find some bait shops w/ f/s ads, and there were still some small areas with ice in the water. its going to be a month or two before i even think of getting out

but when he gets it he'll get it. if its next week, oh well. just shopping around now.

Hit me up if you want to go conoeing this summer. Another good spot is in oregonia, OH on the little miami. You can bring your own or rent. Its about an hour or so south on you way to Cincy. It's only an 8 mile trips which takes about 3 1/2 hours including stopping to eat and jump off the barrels into the water. Beautiful trip though.

That's where I got mine mine. I got it on sale at dicks last year for like $500 and my wife had $250 in rebates from her credit card company we we really only spent like $250. Also, get you life jackets at wal-mart. I hate that company but gosh darn it $4.50 beats $50.

• 1 month later...
the abs canoes are super heavy compared to the aluminum ones

True, and I love my plastic canoe. I have beating the crap out of it and it shows no wear at all. Flipping it end-over-end in some waves is an annual tradition.

Evan: Craigslist. Look for one there, they're all over.

lol. month and a half old reply

i hit craigslist, found a 15.5' fiberglass canoe for $150. ive had it now for like a month. also got a kayak at dicks a week or two before that. been out on hoover a couple times so far.

lol. month and a half old reply

i hit craigslist, found a 15.5' fiberglass canoe for $150. ive had it now for like a month. also got a kayak at dicks a week or two before that. been out on hoover a couple times so far.

Let me know if you ad any other CR's members are trying to get together. My wife and I are getting the itch to get out on a nice little canoe trip.