NYC tomorrow

bahd-ler

I'm going to NYC tomorrow for the first time. We are only staying till Sunday. Since I've never been I was just wondering if there is anything I should do etc, while I'm there?

Thanks for the impute.

get a piece of cheesecake from anywhere doesnt matter lol

and if you can check out the royal philharmonic orchestra.. if you like music that is... and swing into radio city there is also the statue of liberty not to far away... ok im done lol

What are you doing there? Just free time or do you have meetings and things? I am from NY, grew up 1.5 hours north of the city and my sister lives in Queens. Been there many many times.

You want to go to the top of some building. The Empire State is my favorite, but you can also do "The Rock" which is the NBC building. They are expensive at $15-20 each person. There might also be a wait, so do them early.

Want to see the Statue of Liberty? That is an all day event, costs money, and you need to sign up 6 months early if you want to go to the top of the statue (not worth the wait, been there 2 times). Instead do the cheap way. Take the Staten Island Ferry over to Staten Island and back for FREE! You just have to view it from about 1 mile away and don't get to go to Ellis Island. It leaves from Battery Park, where you get the boat to the Statue anyway.

Take the Subway at least once, only $2 or around $15 for an all day pass. Taxis are fun and exciting, but pricey.

Go to Times Square and eat at the Carnegia Deli, sandwiches are like $15 but you get over a pound of meat on them and they are GOOD. Roast beef, get it.

Want to see a Broadway show? Go to TKTS which is in Times Square or South Street Sea Port. Broadway tickets for that day at half the price.

You need to get a pizza, so much better then here. Also stop by China town and get some real chinese food. Chinese food here sucks except Aka Hanna Sushi on Henderson.

You could walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, it is a hike at 2 miles round trip, but worth going half way. Great pedestrian walkway in the middle. That is on the east side of the city.

Street meat is always good and so are the sweet salt nuts sold on the street. You can pick up some "Foaklies or Fcoach" bags around Canal Street for cheap. Just like the real thing only sold by guys with big jackets or little Asian people.

Have fun! The place is safe, never had a problem nor has my 27 twig of a sister. If you are driving, keep money for tolls. The George Washington Bridge is $9 to cross. I am sure the Lincoln Tunnel is close to the same. Fortunately that is one way. The Tri Borough is $7 each way.

just need to get outta town, have to work all during my spring break. I know I'm not even going to scratch the surface. I wanna do a comedy club for sure, but just being a virgin to the city didn't know if there were unknown hot spots.

hows the racing community there? i personaly would go and try to find some car meets.

It sucks. Lots of people, very small amount of actual cars in the city. Those you do find in the bouroughs like Queens, Brooklyn and Bronx are beat. Tons of pot holes and rough roads make it hard to own a decent car. All the MR2's that I saw in the city when I was buying mine were rough. Now outside the city in a 45 min circle there are plenty of meets.

I know each fall there is a MR2 meet that goes to "Bear Mtn" which is the most visited State park in the country about 45 min north of NYC. This meet had over 100 MR2s there for a 8 hour meet. Meet at 8 am, drive for a while, lunch, car show, drive some more, dinner, drive some more, go home. I want to go, never have.

Take pictures and post em here for us to see when you go. All so try to get to Central Park if you can, neat place. There is a zoo there too, might be free or a couple of bucks.