HELP!!! Clutch Job...

zeitgeist57

I'm not kidding in this post...

CR guys and gals, I need your help...

I have gotten my Passat powertrain apart, replaced the clutch, only to have two evenings after work under this car NOT to have the transmission back against the engine. I mean...it's literally less than a finger's width away from the block and tranny together and I can't make it fit!!!

I need CR's help. If you are someone recognizable from CR, I will give you keys to the car, access to my tools, and whatever else you need (beer, food, etc...) to get this thing back together. I have jacks, air compressor, etc to get the job done. I truly don't have the time anymore, nor do I want to pay to tow it somewhere to have it finished.

Money too. I was quoted over $1000 to do the job, and I'm half done. Name your price...PM me if your interested...

I'm at work now, and would like to tackle this job this evening or tomorrow morning.

Also, for clarification...I've been extremely busy during this week, and I haven't had the time or energy to give more than an hour every evening to the Passat. I made the OP as I was really frustrated that this weekend was coming up and I still haven't made progress reassembling.

I want helpers that can work with me to pull the tranny back off, check clearances/part assemblies, and help me put it back on. I've been doing this myself so far and it's been doable, but a pain. An extra set of hands (or more) would be very helpful. Truly, I don't think it will take that long, I just need more than me working on this bad boy... :)