Hero:

Science Abuse

http://jalopnik.com/5497042/how-a-500-craigslist-car-beat-400k-rally-racers

..he found a loophole in the FIA rules that let him enter a twenty-year-old car...

I once asked Bill why he insisted on going through every spectator section crossed up and with the engine banging off the limiter. "Dude," he said, "I don't care if it costs me a couple of tenths. It makes the fans go nuts."

I can only imagine what the other drivers where thinking when they strapped in: "WTF? I wasn't even born when that model came out."

Time to go fuck up those Evo things

Oh, I got mooned yesterday. A dude runs three feet into the road, turns around, drops his pants, and grabs ankles. WTF. It's in the video. So is Slocum yelling at me for giving a thumbs-up out the window to the photo guys and fans as I drive sideways into the corner with opposite lock. I thought it looked awesome.

On the third stage we missed a jump call (our notes were in Portuguese or something) and hit it at like 80 mph or so and exploded into the air. The launch felt like hitting a brick wall and broke a motor mount arm clean in half.

But the jump was amazing.

Some kids threw boulders in the road on a transit and I punctured my gas tank losing nearly a half tank in 24 km on the next stage..... I patched it with just stuff in the trunk — RTV and balls of duct tape

We were the only team cranking music during service. I jump out and first thing I do with my 30 minutes is set up tunes, because you can't work in the hot Mexican sun without music.

"Are you the BMW pilot?"

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2010/03/500x_bill_caswell_ferme_night.jpg

Bill Caswell, an unemployed Chicago racing freak,

to:

I signed autographs for three hours straight on Sunday alone. He thinks it might be close to 1500 or 2000 autographs and maybe 1000-1500 pictures. A couple hundred people were screaming "Caswell! Caswell!" at one point.

The most epic duo of all of Jalop-dom achieved a total time of 5:29:38.4 after penalties. Enough for a 3rd in the class, and a hypothetical 23rd if he was really racing in WRC.... 25 team competed in the WRC class!

He needs to produce T-shirts, with a picture of his old'ass bimmer crossed up or flying through the air, followed by the words:

Time to go fuck up those Evo things.

-Bill Caswell 2010

Seriously, close your eyes, imagiine you're standing next to your beat'ass 3 series, and say out loud "Time to go fuck up those Evo things". You will grin, or outright laugh maniacly.

awesome-tastic! Glad to see the little guy can still make an impact. It's awesome that the fans loved him too.

Was there any explanation on the loophole he used to get into the competition or are they keeping it a secret so that everybody doesn't jump on the bandwagon?

Bill Caswell: Even if I never race again I could be happy. It was epic. You should have been there.

This guy should get his balls weight in liquor served by an armada of Megan Fox clones.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/comment/12/2010/03/fdd1db9dc37c7768fade503302fab775/340x.png