Man vs. Wing - Cheer me on!

Sully

I have been chosen as a contestant. As many wings as I can eat in 8 minutes. You are more than welcome to show up and cheer me on.

Details:

You have been chosen to compete in 97.1 The Fan’s “Man vs. Wing” contest this Friday, March 26th from 7-9pm at Buffalo Wings and Rings in Grove City (1574 Stringtown Rd.)

Here are a few details on how the contest will work:

-there will be 2 rounds, 20 contestants per round

-rounds are 8 minutes long

-all of the wings are HOT flavor and all meat must be eaten of the wing (an example will be provided)

-water will be provided to contestants

-the top 10 overall wing-eaters will advance to the finals on Saturday, April 3rd at Buffalo Wings and Rings in Lewis Center (8661 Columbus Pike)

-the grand prize winner will win the trip to the 2011 college hoops championship in Houston, Texas!

***Full contest rules can be seen here: http://www.971thefan.com/live/content/promotions/contests/manvswing.html

Hot bdub wings = not very hot. Good luck dude you can do it.

It's not bdubs. It's Wings & Rings. But still, they're not hot either. It's not about the heat level for this contest, it's about quantity.

mmm i wants wings

You won't after you enter a wing eating contest... :barf:

Good luck man. I signed up for one 2 years ago at Roosters. The guy next to me was eating them so fast he was gagging and almost throwing up at the same time. Add that to the mess and smell that comes when you're trying to slam down as many wings as possible and... Well, lets just say I still can't enjoy roosters wings. :(

You won't after you enter a wing eating contest... :barf:

Good luck man. I signed up for one 2 years ago at Roosters. The guy next to me was eating them so fast he was gagging and almost throwing up at the same time. Add that to the mess and smell that comes when you're trying to slam down as many wings as possible and... Well, lets just say I still can't enjoy roosters wings. :(

That's the only thing I'm worried about....someone else puking. I can't handle it when I see someone else puke. I'll end up puking. I think I'm going to puke just thinking about someone puking next to me at the contest.

Out of 30 people, I placed 11th. They were taking the top 10 to the next round. I ate 30 wings in 8 minutes. Missed going to the 2nd round by 3 wings. And here's why....

Official Rules of this particular contest posted on their website:

Each contestant will be shown prior to the competition, the minimum amount of meat to be eaten off the wing. Contestants who do not eat the minimum amount will be given one warning. If they continue to not eat the minimum amount, they will be penalized one wing per each incident. The Wing Bowl Commissioner an individual to be named by WBNS-AM/FM will have the final say on the number of penalty points assessed. Each contestant will discard wing bones in a bowl and the final count will be made by the Wing Bowl Commissioner.

We were not shown or told anything. While I was eating, I would see a bone that still had meat on it in my bowl, so I picked it up and ate it. I did this several times. Had I not done that, and ate just as much as everyone else, I would have easily ate over 40 wings. At the end, they counted them all, no matter what.

But, I know I ate what I was suppose to. Most everyone else didn't eat all of the meat off the bone. Had I known ahead of time that this would be acceptable, I would have done the same just to get the most down.

Oh well. It's over and done. It is what it is. I know better for next time.