84 Diesel Rabbit

MackDaddy43

buy it, if it runs great and you don't like it, i'll buy it off of you.

In the winter time they are badass, it it is running good you will get 45+ mpg.

you wont be able to hold 70 mph up decent size hills or against a stiff headwind though.

when somone laughs at you in your POS rabbit, pop the clutch and revv the motor to smoke them out . . . did it :)

I just bought a 1990 Jetta non-turbo diesel. I am going to be learning the way these little things work too. If you get into this one hit me up and we can learn some of it together. I am swapping mine out of a rusty 1990 diesel into a straight 1990 gas shell.

Don't run it on WVO if you want it to run forever. Either buy biodiesel, or do a lot of reading and learn how to make it yourself. Straight WVO is very low in lubricity, you'll wind up with some good low compression after while. Biodiesel can be made from a WVO base, but you add a lot of chemicals to cut down the acidity and make it more lubricating and to cut down on gelling. I plan on looking into the DIY biodiesel route.

My Mercedes diesel runs too damn well to risk it on homemade fuels so I bought the Jetta to play with.

I've got 2 jetta parts cars too so if you end up needing anything lemme know.

Came across a 1984 diesel rabbit today. Guy wants $800 for it. Its not in perfect shape cosmetically but he says it runs fine. Its a 5-speed with 240k on it.

My question, what kind of problems can i expect from it?

I need a cheap beater thats good on gas with how unpredictable the audi is, and these have always fascinated me.

I put the audi up for sale and have been entertaining a few offers on it, but I'd still want a backup just in case.

Also: I talked to him today, and he said that the title was still in his friends name, because he was given the car to try to make a project out of it. I told him if there was going to be any issues with the title i'm not going to buy it. How do you think that will go?

THEIR TERRIBLE CARS! you should just not buy it and give me his number, no really. Its better that i buy it to save you the hassle... no... for real.

I had one in highschool and it was awesome. Super easy to run on kitchen oil too once you get set up. Buy it.

The one i bought from you? Im pretty sure i sold that one to a guy on here, cant remember his name though. I've always regretted selling that car (even though it wouldnt start by time i sold it), sure it was a turd on the highway but for some reason it was alot of fun to drive. I drove it for a few months and it was always dependable for me. The only reason it stoped working was b/c i stoped driving it and it sat for a while, I think a cat lived in it at one point in time? Good old number 4

As for biodiesel, like modifying a car if you dont do it right you'll have problem's. There's a reason why companies sell seperate tanks and filters/fuel lines/heaters etc... using biodiesel or turning a car into a greaser takes work to do it right. You may be able to get away with just pouring it in the fuel tank for a while but eventually it'll catch up to you. ansonivan was right. BUT if you can do it right, it can save you alot of money in fuel costs.