help picking out tires

SRTstan

i have 224/45/17 nitto neo gens on my 04 neon srt-4. the front 2 tires are pretty much shot and i'm looking at pick up to tires to replace them.

It isnt my dd so it can just be a summer tire. Im looking for something that would do good for autox and hook up good on the street.I have different rims and dr's for when i go to the drag strip.

Let me know what tires you think would be best and where is the best place to get them at. Thanks

Wow, that 224 width is a pretty rare tire ;)

If you're looking for a good autox tire, I would highly reccommend either the Bridgestone RE11R or Dunlop Direzza Star Spec. Other contenders would be the Kumho XS (if you are working with a tighter budget), Hankook RS-3 or Toyo R1R.

If I had to choose one out of that group, it would be the Dunlop.

I have Hankook EVO K110 on my car all around and they seems pretty good. I have that exact size too (225/45/17) on my GSX and they have a nice tread pattern, work really well in the rain. As for autox and what not, i would prolly go stickier. The tires i mentioned are a good all around tire but not sticky enough i would bet for a WWD. I would go with a Nitto NT-05, NT-01 or Dunlop Star Spec, Pirelli PZero, or finally a Falken RT615. All those tires are going to give you great street and autox manners. The only thing is, they all wear differently.

The NT01 i plan on getting for my EVOx rims because of how sticky they are.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/nitto/size/viewProductDetail.do?pc=40300

They are monster grip tires but will not last more than 8-10k miles. So, if you want something a little longer lasting, go with the star spec or RT615.

Hope that helps!

The NT01 i plan on getting for my EVOx rims because of how sticky they are.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/nitto/size/viewProductDetail.do?pc=40300

They are monster grip tires but will not last more than 8-10k miles. So, if you want something a little longer lasting, go with the star spec or RT615.

Hope that helps!

lemme know when you're ready i can get em cheaper

I just put a set of Nitto Invos on my Impala. I saw them over at Zepplin's place on his car. They have a pretty radical tread pattern, but it's not directional, so you can rotate your tires side to side too. Once he gets his brakes done I'll bet he can give you a better report on them. It'll be a little while till my Impala is out. We're finishing the tune up and then to the body shop for a little paint work.

I have Sumitomo HTR+ tires on my car just for summer use and I am impressed. Can't say anything about the wear yet because I got them late last year but they are non-directional so I can rotate them from side to side. I would certainly check them out.

I have Sumitomo HTR+ tires on my car just for summer use and I am impressed. Can't say anything about the wear yet because I got them late last year but they are non-directional so I can rotate them from side to side. I would certainly check them out.

the htr+ is awesome in the snow as well, sadly its being discontinued. The replacement tire, i'm not sure about yet. They left teh pricing very similar so thats a plus, but the tread compound doesnt seem to have that of the htr+

OLD HTR+

http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/sumitomo/su_htrplus_ci2_l.jpg

NEW Htr a/s P01

http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/sumitomo/su_htr_as_p01_ci2_l.jpg

the htr+ is awesome in the snow as well, sadly its being discontinued. The replacement tire, i'm not sure about yet. They left teh pricing very similar so thats a plus, but the tread compound doesnt seem to have that of the htr+

Yeah they are not bad, I only had them in one snow but they did well that one time. Yeah it looks totally different now, I wonder if it will perform the same, I might have to buy a set of the old style just to have for when mine wear out.

lemme know when you're ready i can get em cheaper

NICE. I love CR. I get the hookup now for everything lol. Thanks a lot. could you pm me a price for all 4 mounted for NT-01 245 40 18? Thanks

James