fs: 1999 yamaha scooter

ansonivan

If it's got an engine and no pedals you have to have a motorcycle endorsement.

not true, i have a 2008 yamaha zuma. as long as the title says its a "49cc" the only thing u have to have is ur normal ol L's

almost all 50cc yamaha scooters are really just 49cc so u dont have to do anything but hop on it and ride

You're confusing moped laws with scooter laws, this thing has no pedals, goes faster than 20mph and generates more than 1hp.

http://ohiobmv.gov/moped_info.stm

The Ohio Revised Code defines a moped, or motorized bicycle, as any vehicle with two tandem wheels or one front and two rear wheels which is capable of being pedaled and is also equipped with a helper motor. The helper motor may not:

o have a piston displacement of more than 50 cubic centimeters;

o produce more than one brake horsepower; and

o propel the vehicle at a maximum speed greater than 20 mph on a level surface.

If a vehicle exceeds any one of these criteria, it is legally a motorcycle. Be certain BEFORE you buy. Contact your local Deputy Registrar location, if you have questions.

not true, i have a 2008 yamaha zuma. as long as the title says its a "49cc" the only thing u have to have is ur normal ol L's

almost all 50cc yamaha scooters are really just 49cc so u dont have to do anything but hop on it and ride

I was going to buy my wife a scooter but didn't when I called the BMV on W. Broad St. and they told me she would have to get her motorcycle endorsement.

Also I watched a W. Jeff cop stop a young girl (10 to 12 years old) on her scooter and made her push it back to her house.