audio question pc/xbox

jerrodh

Ok so I just got a new 2.1 system for my computer but was wondering how if possible I can hook my speakers up to my monitor so they can be used for when I play my xbox off my monitor?

My monitor has audio/hdmi/etc. etc. ports I just can't get it to work am I missing something or not possible?

Your monitor may not support audio via HDMI. I would check your manual for that one. I know some 2.1 speaker setups come with a audio 3.5mm jack to a regular audio plug. It all depends. If you dont have either of those options, you may not be able to.

I'll have to mess with it tomorrow girlfriends sleeping and I've already got bitched at twice for trying to adjust my settings haha. But when you refer to the 3.5mm jack thats just the little cord that goes typically from the speakers to your pc right? if so I do have an input on my monitor for that so it should work right? Thanks again sorry I'm a retard at this shit lol.

Yes, but if the monitor doesnt transmit or i should say allow an audio signal threw the hdmi, its not going to work. And the 3.5mm is the litttle green plug that transmit audio.