Banks

V8 Beast

I have a friend at work that overdrew his account by mistake. With the way he explained it I thought he had to be mistaken, but after reading about them online its true.

He thought his direct deposit would be in there and it wasnt... his fault for not checking. He got a tv from best buy and did a lot of little transactions. The tv was the last purchase of the night. Huntington rearranged the purchases from highest to lowest and charged him overdraft fees. Over $200 in fees when it should have been one fee for the tv. How in the hell can this be legal? Dont they have to process them in the order they come in? All I know is once I confirmed this I sent my wife to the branch to close our rainy day account. Im not letting a bunch of crooks hold my money.

I have my trouble with Chase at times but at least I can own what happens. I even saw that Huntington charges for pending transactions. Do they need money so bad that they steal it from hard working people? I hope the law suit hurts them royally and forces them to pay everyone back.

Brian, you've lost your mind.

Tell your friend to quit bitching like a little girl and have him call Huntington and they will reverse the charges as long as he hasn't recently had any other overdraws. I had over $300 in overdraws by mistake because of the same exact instance and they reversed each transaction.

Brian, you've lost your mind.

Tell your friend to quit bitching like a little girl and have him call Huntington and they will reverse the charges as long as he hasn't recently had any other overdraws. I had over $300 in overdraws by mistake because of the same exact instance and they reversed each transaction.

He was on hold with them at work (which is why the topic came up). I hope he did get it back but either way thats shady to rearrange the transactions.

i've had Huntington for over 8 yrs and run into this twice, he needs to call and talk to the branch manager and they'll get reversed as long as he hasn't done it in the last 12 months. If he has, sounds like he needs to watch his money a little better

Fuck all banks, they are all a bunch of crooks. The bank that has been the most honest to me has been 5/3. I had to switch to Chase because 5/3 doesn't exist out west, else I'd still be with 5/3. So far Chase has been good, I like their ATM's and they have better hours. National City is the worst...fucking assholes.

Fuck all banks, they are all a bunch of crooks. The bank that has been the most honest to me has been 5/3. I had to switch to Chase because 5/3 doesn't exist out west, else I'd still be with 5/3. So far Chase has been good, I like their ATM's and they have better hours. National City is the worst...fucking assholes.

i tell this to all my customers... dont over draw your account an you wont be in a situation to call them "crooks" . i find it funny when people blame others for them not keeping track of there money.

Spill it.

There has been many things that pissed me off but the last straw was this:

Long story short...one day I have plenty of money in my account, next day like -$500. Robbed me out of about a grand. National City's answer was, "we cant do anything unless it was a bank error" my response was "Well that's why I'm calling because I'm telling you its a bank error".

They also had some complicated bullshit reasoning, and mathematics, and since it was on the first Wednesday of the equinox which fell on the CEO's mom's birthday yada yada...my previous paycheck was held for longer than usual...which was bullshit because my account showed me that it was already cleared. Nothing I could do about it, told them to go fuck themselves and went to 5/3. 0 problems since.

There has been many things that pissed me off but the last straw was this:

Long story short...one day I have plenty of money in my account, next day like -$500. Robbed me out of about a grand. National City's answer was, "we cant do anything unless it was a bank error" my response was "Well that's why I'm calling because I'm telling you its a bank error".

They also had some complicated bullshit reasoning, and mathematics, and since it was on the first Wednesday of the equinox which fell on the CEO's mom's birthday yada yada...my previous paycheck was held for longer than usual...which was bullshit because my account showed me that it was already cleared. Nothing I could do about it, told them to go fuck themselves and went to 5/3. 0 problems since.

Huh, never had anything happen like that. I have direct deposit though, being paid by the State.

I dropped them as a bank in the early 90s. Switched to National City now PNC and am stll happy. I haven't had an OD fee in 20 years.

x1. Been with them for quite some time now, any problems that I have had are fixed to my satisfaction.

i tell this to all my customers... dont over draw your account an you wont be in a situation to call them "crooks" . i find it funny when people blame others for them not keeping track of there money.

So if someone makes 4 purchases when they have the money in there and one that overdrafts it its fair to rearange them to "benefit the customer" :rolleyes:. Yes they have to manage it better but changing the order is criminal. As a customer do they really think someone would rather have 10 overdraft fees instead of 1. Hell the fuck no. And he did get his money back after bitching for 30 minutes and having to wait a day for a sup call back.

CROOKS

banks are in business to make $. they employ tons of people too, so unless you wanna bury your cash in your back yard in a piggy bank, the beatings will continue.

The lawsuit will take care of this. I dont see it happening for much longer, plus from what I've seen Chase has already made some changes. Yes you have to opt in, but its better than being forced into overdraft protection (yes I'm that one guy that actually reads the things that come in the mail :lol: )

So if someone makes 4 purchases when they have the money in there and one that overdrafts it its fair to rearange them to "benefit the customer" :rolleyes:. Yes they have to manage it better but changing the order is criminal. As a customer do they really think someone would rather have 10 overdraft fees instead of 1. Hell the fuck no. And he did get his money back after bitching for 30 minutes and having to wait a day for a sup call back.

CROOKS

negative captain doesn't matter what order u do transaactions nothing posts untill the end of the buisness day anyways.

Oh an its stated in your terms an conditions so suck it bitch.

Also why do transactions even if ur thinking ur only gonna over draw 1 transaction. If u don't have the mone don't spend it. An yeayea he thought key word there thought he had a direct deposit come threw. Its his fault for not being responsible enough an trying to "float" transactions untill his direct depost hits.

Sucky suitation that banks do this but that's why banks offer OVER DRAFT PROTECTION so u can prevent this...

The lawsuit will take care of this. I dont see it happening for much longer, plus from what I've seen Chase has already made some changes. Yes you have to opt in, but its better than being forced into overdraft protection (yes I'm that one guy that actually reads the things that come in the mail :lol: )
haha good man but u might of read it wrong..

u can't be forced into over draft protection... this is a product u have to qualify for.. what your talkin about is over draft coverage(this gives u the option to have your card instantly be declined0 or u can opt into the program an over draw..inwich u will get over draft fees.

Yup, I'm going to tell them to reject my stuff. I have way too many sources of money to be charged for a mistake when the funds are available elsewhere. I usually have 2 overdrafts a year and its always my wife using the wrong bank card.

Just because its in the terms and conditions doesnt make it right. I've seen a lot off things removed from terms and conditions over my time. Another thing I saw that Chase is changing is the order in which they are charged. Why are they changing it from highest to lowest to the order it came in if its right(if I read that right)? I figure they wanted to get a head start on changing things before they are forced to.

Yup, I'm going to tell them to reject my stuff. I have way too many sources of money to be charged for a mistake when the funds are available elsewhere. I usually have 2 overdrafts a year and its always my wife using the wrong bank card.

Just because its in the terms and conditions doesnt make it right. I've seen a lot off things removed from terms and conditions over my time. Another thing I saw that Chase is changing is the order in which they are charged. Why are they changing it from highest to lowest to the order it came in if its right(if I read that right)? I figure they wanted to get a head start on changing things before they are forced to.

As banking laws change we have to change sucks but meh its the law.

It might not be "right". Which is an opinion, its still banking policy. In wich u signed an agreed for when opening the account. Some people say its unmoral blahblahblah this is buisness straight up......

As banking laws change we have to change sucks but meh its the law.

It might not be "right". Which is an opinion, its still banking policy. In wich u signed an agreed for when opening the account. Some people say its unmoral blahblahblah this is buisness straight up......

You can tell you're in customer service mode :lol:

Huntington has been absolutely nothing but great with me.

5/3 on the other hand has got the be the biggest crooks in the world. Calling credit lines just because they want to.

A lot of people like to bitch about Chase, but they are just a mega-bank, so that's where most of the issues with them come from, you can't get anything personal with them.

I have accounts or have had accounts at 8 banks in Columbus, if you want truly personal service, you need to go to Guernsey or Heartland, 2 local banks who only have a few branches, of course you lose all the convenience of having ATM's everywhere and so on.