OSU Dental - Questions

ImUrOBGYN

For those who've gotten affordable dental care at OSU, plz chime in.

Who's been?

How did you go about getting work done and/or qualifying for said work?

How much was it compared to normal dental offices?

How convenient were appts, etc?

Thanks everyone.

My wife needed a root canal a few weeks back and there was no difference between the cost at OSU and the cost at the private facility in Mt. Vernon ($700). On top of that, they told me she would have to wait about 1 month to get the work done even though she was in tremendous pain.

For those who've gotten affordable dental care at OSU, plz chime in.

Who's been?

How did you go about getting work done and/or qualifying for said work?

How much was it compared to normal dental offices?

How convenient were appts, etc?

Thanks everyone.

I went for a few months to get a bunch of fillings replaced. You call them up and schedule a consult. Then they bring you in and look at you and match you with a student. You have to remember this isn't a dentist's office, but a dental school, so not only does it take a little time to get matched with a student, the appointments take about 4 hours. Your appointments are either at 8:30 am or 1:30 pm. It was like $65 per filling for color matched and like $55 for silver.

I was actually trying to get an appointment with them this morning, I called in, the lady on the phone was rude as hell, then after telling her I have pain to the point that I cant talk and can barely eat, (due to wisdom teeth I think) she told me I have to have a referral for some reason.

I was actually trying to get an appointment with them this morning, I called in, the lady on the phone was rude as hell, then after telling her I have pain to the point that I cant talk and can barely eat, (due to wisdom teeth I think) she told me I have to have a referral for some reason.

For Endodontics you need to have a referral.

Best dental experience ever. I've had some shitty dentists in the past, but the student I got was really good. He pulled two wisdom teeth and did a couple fillings. I had a root canal done with a different guy that took forever because he was really OCD, but I knew that meant he was doing it right (which he did, its been perfect). And its cheap. So yeah, I recommend it

Did this when I was broke and before I had insurance,pretty positive experience overall,actually the dental work is excellent and supervised by the Dr,s

+ its cheaper

+ postponing dds work= bad for oral and potentially bad for overall health

+ supervised by Drs

- eats twice the time of a regular visit

My wife had a root canal done there about a month ago and was way better than the one she had in her teens. It cost us $610. Overall she was very happy with them, nice, polite, and didn't take too long to get it done. When we had dental ins, it would have cost us over $700 somewhere else, and that was after the insurance.

...but it did take a few weeks to get in though.