Automotive R&D Software Development Engineer

Trouble Maker

Shoot me a PM and I will get you in contact with HR if you seem legit. It's open now, well after tomorrow.

R&D Engineer: Software Development

About the Job

Position Summary:

****, Inc. is a Tier 1 supplier of brake systems for automotive and non-automotive applications. We are looking for an Electrical Engineer at our North American Research & Development Center in the greater Columbus area. The qualified candidate will have the opportunity to interact with a variety of vehicle control design and test engineers as well as interfacing with the development teams of Honda of America and other OEM customers. Your position requires a desire to gain a broad understanding of all vehicle functions and dynamics while developing a high level of specialized skill for software design and development.

Essential Functions and Duties:

Development of software models to simulate vehicle operation conditions.

Required Qualifications:

Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.

Specific knowledge of C, Visual Basic or Visual C and Matlab.

Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.

Excellent oral and written communication skills.

Motivated, self starter.

Computer literate with Microsoft Office.

0-2 years experience of applicable software or product development experience through work, coops, or internships.

Preferred Qualifications:

Automotive experience.

CAN communications.

Not to hijack this, but if you're interested in getting into the automotive industry there are some great opportunities at Chrysler right now. They have a lot of work to do and are understaffed, so coming in it might be tough, but if they survive there is room to advance quickly.

They have a massive amount of engine/powertrain development jobs posted right now. They are also hiring again for a program where you rotate through different departments in the company while going to school for your engineering masters degree. They pay for your school, and you get paid for 5 days a week and only work 4 (the 5th day is a 'study day'). You're guaranteed a job at the company when you finish.

Probably around 45k/yr. Don't quote me on that though as I don't really know, just a guess.

You probably have too much experience. They like to get fresh out of undergrad usually. Do you have a degree? So far they've required engineering degrees. Mechanical versus electrical probably isn't a big deal. Everyone in my direct group is an ME and we probably do more ME type of work, but I'm an EE. This job posting is more EE/programing.

PM me if you have more questions and we can chat if you are at all interested.