UFC 112 Predictions

wagner

Middleweight Championship bout: Anderson Silva © vs. Demian Maia

I am not an Anderson Silva nut swinger, but if Maia can't get this fight to the ground in a legit way he is going to get picked apart. Silva is one of the best counter strikers in the game and looks like a ghost in there sometimes (see forest griffin fight). Maia = top shelf jitsu and if this fight goes to the ground it could be much closer than the experts predict.

Wagner's Throat Punch Prediction: Silva wins and he is going to try to get a finish here.

Lightweight Championship bout: B.J. Penn © vs. Frankie Edgar

This could be the biggest threat to Penn in a while. Edgar is a really good wrestler and has some good hands. Will it be enough to defeat Penn? No but it will not look like the past couple of fights where Penn has mauled people. Side note: My sister was a trainer where Edgar went to college, good wrestler but very very very dumb and in her words " acts like one of those d-bags on jersey shore".

Wagner's Throat Punch Prediction: Penn wins and could go all 5

Welterweight bout: Matt Hughes vs. Renzo Gracie

Renzo Gracie might have the honor of putting Hughes into retirement. Hughes did beat Royce Gracie but that was when Gracie should have stayed out of the cage. Renzo Grazie of course has world class jitsu and loads of experience. The question is can he overcome the angry hillbilly factor that Hughes brings to the cage? Hughes is no joke but his age and ring wear might be a factor here.

Wagner's Throat Punch Predicton: I am going with the upset and pickign Hughes. I like the old school guys and who can hate a guy who walks out to "country boy can survive?"

Oh and don't forget Strikeforce has a fight on the 17th on CBS. Two reasons to watch that:

1. Dan Henderson could knock Shields into a different time zone

2. In the light weight fight you could see the first televised compound fracture since LT snaped Joe Thiseman's leg like a pencil.

Hendo is a retard for going to strikeforce. Not for the fact that he basically rides the bench in his weight class in UFC, but that once strikeforce gets taken over by UFC, hes just gonna get recycled back into the same group of fighters. Shoulda just stayed and held his own.

Otherwise, the fights look great. I hope Silva finally meets his match with someone and gets his face beat in.

Hendo is a retard for going to strikeforce. Not for the fact that he basically rides the bench in his weight class in UFC, but that once strikeforce gets taken over by UFC, hes just gonna get recycled back into the same group of fighters. Shoulda just stayed and held his own.

Otherwise, the fights look great. I hope Silva finally meets his match with someone and gets his face beat in.

Hendo thought his value was more than what the UFC did. He is now the now the Mike Phelps of the special olympics. I like Hendo but he should have ate his pride and stayed in the UFC.

Silva has trouble against good wrestlers that can take him down and I don't think that will happen here. If Silva ends up on his back with Maia in his guard he could be in some trouble, if Maia gets in his half guard he will be in serious touble.

It seems like they are working towards that. You could see Penn, GSP, and maybe Silva all bump up weight classes.

Already seen Penn vs GSP, and I dont want to see that fight again. That would be like another Brock vs. Mir fight. Seen enough.

I hope Silva loses, but i don't see it happening

Frankie Edgar is gonna get his ass kicked! 2nd round KO

I have always liked Matt Hughes, but he should have retired like 2-3 years ago. he just doesn't have "it" anymore. more mental than physical i think.

Gracie will own Hughes

i agree that Henderson should not have left, but i can't blame him. he should have gotten his rematch with Silva, but Dana fucked him on that one.

I predict... there will be lots of Affliction shirts out and about.. and most people sporting them will be very tiny, like.. chick tiny..

:D

You suck. At what point did cauliflower ear and huge muscles become a pre-req for supporting your favorite fighter by wearing their gear? I like my bird arms you prick. :)

IMO

Silva - too good on his feet and solid on his back

Penn - hes not fighting GSP so he's ok

Gracie - avenges his loss

I just cant wait for Brock to come back

When does Kimbo fight again?

Not hating on you guys but before I opened this thread I was just hoping not to see either of those names lol.

winnars!

Silva-KO

Penn-tko

Gracie-arm bar?

I like that UFC took it too UAE for this fight.

+1. the silva maia fight was ridiculous. showboating for a minute is ok. for the whole god damn fight pisses me off. i saw this on yahoo about the fight- from dana white

White also said Silva may be the first UFC champ to fight on the non-televised prelims in the future. While the media waited for Silva at the postfight presser, White said he hoped that the champ didn't show.

i think this is good. i think silva is one of the best in the sport, but he obviously needs someone/something to put him in his place

i got to bdubs and my brother that works there told me i should have went @ 1 because it wasnt busy at all...i wasn't able to come in anyways...but i was watching the hockey game before the fights and looked down at the news scroll and saw that BJ lost, which pissed me off (because he lost and because i knew it would be a 5 round fight he lost)

F silva in his gaping fn a! What a freakin douche. This is the second time hes done that shit and not finished a fight. The judges should have given it to Maia just b/c the dude stayed in it to win it even though he was badly beaten to the point his eye was swelled shut and his nose horribly broken. They would have sent a message to Silva that we're tired of seeing the blatant douche baggery and inability to put a fighter away when he's clearly several leagues above him. That show boating shit is old and busted. The first two rounds were absolutely embarrassing for Maia. He was clearly outclassed in every way. I was so happy when Ive LaVeen (sure i butchered that) stopped the fight and told him to stop the bs circling.

Good for Franky Edgar. IMO he didnt do enough to take the title from the champ but the guy was super quick and certainly never stopped pushing the pace. And he's got no glass jaw b/c Penn landed some solid shots that didn't seem to phase him at all.

In short F SILVA, and +rep for the underdog.

UFC need to have the pride yellow card system. For fights like last night. Total disrespect for the sport and fans.

I love bj pen, but i am glad he lost after his performance. Silva ummm ya no reason to comment. Maia he was as aggressive as he could be. Gracie fight was just ok Hughes all around great guy.

the whole card last night stunk, especially the 3 big fights!

Silva should be stripped of his belt, this is the 3rd fight he has ass-clowned the whole fight.

BJ Penn should not have lost his belt to Edgar, i agree he didn't do a whole lot, but Edgar did not "beat the champ", and in my book you have to beat the champ to take the belt, not out point him. but i really don't believe he even out pointed him, looked like a fucking straight draw to me, draw always defaults to the champ.

the Gracie - Hughes fight was fucking pathetic!

i think they must have had some sort of "gentlemen's handshake" before the fight. agreeing to not take it to the ground and make it a stand up war. the old Matt Hughes would have picked up a worn out Gracie and slammed his ass to the matt, and pummeled him. not back away and wait for the ref to stand him up, or help him up his self. Fucking WEAK!

i really want my money back after last night