Smartphone users, show off e-pen0r

unfunnyryan

How about a nice friendly contest where we measure where it really counts.

Data speed.

Here's how this should be done.

1. Install something like the speedtest.net app (use this one if you can, also set it to kiloBYTES not kbit or mbit for consistency among post)
  2. Do a test
  3. Screenshot it!
  4. Post it in here along with your phone type (maybe version) as well as your carrier.

Motorola droid, verizon in Athens OH.

Here's the best speed I have gotten inside my dorm room.

http://i40.tinypic.com/14l0dic.png

I've gotten up to 550 down and 110 up, but I think it has to do with the network in my area. I average 250-300 DL speed.

Not sure how to screen shot it.

iPhone Gs

Edit: Just ran a test. 279.5 kB/s Down and 127.6 up

kBytes? screenshot for truths. :p

1605.1 kbps this time DL

133.4 kbps this time UL

don't know how to post a screen shot from an iPhone :confused:

numbers above are real. not consistent though. speed has never been an issue with this phone though.

EDIT: Tested again

291.2 kB/s Down

143.4 kB/s Up

Tim, press the home and sleep/lock button at the same time and your screen will flash white. After it has flashed, check your photos and you'll see a screenshot. Just email yourself the screenshot and ta-da!

Non rooted Droid for Verizon

1st test/280.6 Down 107.7 up/Tested at 12:54 am/Columbus server/Hilliard.

2nd test/222.7 down 96.8 up

3rd test/255.8 down 103 up

4th test/285.7 down 106.2 up

Motorola Devour in the same location at the same time

1st test/171.2 down 90.6 up

2nd test/64.5 down 86.7 up lol

3rd test/156.2 down 97 up

4th test/52.8 down 80 up :nono:

Edit.. I didnt realize how slow my other phones were until I got the droid. I'm glad I didnt buy the devour over the droid. Its a cool phone, but its no droid. Thanks for letting me test it but no thank you.

Edited by V8 Beast

Did you do the latest droid update (2.1?) it includes a new baseband which has been said to improve speed. PS: if you think the droid is fast, you need to root and see what its like overclocked.

Cant root it because its a work phone. 2.1 did make it a little faster... I'm going to test it at work tomorrow and see how it does. I'm littlerally right next to a tower so I'll do it at a time when cell traffic is high and low and see what I get.

Did you do the latest droid update (2.1?) it includes a new baseband which has been said to improve speed. PS: if you think the droid is fast, you need to root and see what its like overclocked.

What's root and overclocked? I have a droid also just do not know how to work this fucker.

What's root and overclocked? I have a droid also just do not know how to work this fucker.

root gives you developer access pretty much. allows you to control apps more effeciently.

overclocking = turning up the cycles per second on the central processing unit.(cpu)

like adding a supercharger to your car. kinda but not really.

root gives you developer access pretty much. allows you to control apps more effeciently.

overclocking = turning up the cycles per second on the central processing unit.(cpu)

like adding a supercharger to your car. kinda but not really.

Well I want a supercharger.

At work in dublin ohio on the 3rd floor of a big office building. Phone is sitting in my multimedia docking station. I will have to try it at home and see if I get any better speeds.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/889/cap201004121342.jpg

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/8642/cap2010041213421.jpg