Man sues over ebay feedback

CRed05

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/weird/Miami-Lawyer-Sues-Man-Over-eBay-Feedback-90572279.html

Cliffs:

Mike Steadman (buyer) pays $44 on Ebay for a (faulty) time clock for his business, from ebay user 'EMiller1313' (seller.)

-Buyer requests a refund and seller refuses to refund buyer. Buyer contacts Paypal in dispute, and eventually gets his $44 back. Buyer is pissed about it and leaves feedback on the sellers ebay account, stating "He has the ethics of a used car salesman."

-Turns out the seller is a Miami Lawyer. Seller sues buyer in a Miami-Dade court for $15,000 in damages for defamation of character. Buyer is decided against in court and has to pay seller ~$7,000 in fees.

Guest tbutera2112
I dunno how I feel. It gets pretty annoying when people try to scam you then leave bad feedback on your account.

what?

seller sold a clock

clock didnt work

buyer asks for refund

seller says no

buyer files paypal claim to get money back - gets money back

buyer leaves negative feedback

thats exactly how it should work....the buyer didnt try to scam anybody

I dunno how I feel. It gets pretty annoying when people try to scam you then leave bad feedback on your account.

I have gotten several entirely undeserved negatives.

One of my biggest peeves with eBay. 99% of the time when I get a negative feedback it's because the user doesn't bother to try and communicate that there is a problem. Usually if I have any further correspondence with them I quickly l find out they just don't know how to communicate at all, especially via the internetz.

We reward too many ignorant ass people in this country by allowing them to continue sucking air.

i'll have to get a hold of my buddy and ask him for a list of the feedback he's given---totally inappropriate feedback to people he buys/sells stuff too. he's not negative, but just has insanely inappropriate things in the feedback he leaves

perhaps I missed it, but I didn't catch in the article that there was any final judgement made, only that the defendant had already racked up $7000 in legal fees?

Oh whoops, yeah. So he's down $7000 in legal fees and is still facing a $15K lawsuit.

Oh whoops, yeah. So he's down $7000 in legal fees and is still facing a $15K lawsuit.

yeah, i'm in no way trying to state that the lawyer in FL isn't a gigantic prick and using his position to ruin this guy....but at least the prescedent hasn't been set in the courts yet which is some ray of light. Hopefully a judge will laugh at him and throw it out, and the guy can then counter sue for his time/expenses back.

yeah, i'm in no way trying to state that the lawyer in FL isn't a gigantic prick and using his position to ruin this guy....but at least the prescedent hasn't been set in the courts yet which is some ray of light. Hopefully a judge will laugh at him and throw it out, and the guy can then counter sue for his time/expenses back.

I'm all in favor of a "loser accuser" pays system. it would cut down on sooooo many lawsuits and malpractice suits.

Agreed. This is complete bullshit and that guy is obviously using his knowledge of a corrupt and flawed legal system to screw this other guy over. He should lose his f'n license then shoot himself.

Can't agree more. Sold a fake clock, got bad feedback then sue'd for 15K? Thats fucked up. Seems like he knew what he was doing and was just waiting for the deformation or character or whatever the fuck he was sueing for.