Why do cars run slower times than advertised?

KStang3.8

Guest Removed
and many times magazines get hand picked cars that are "loosened" from the factory for less reliability but better performance.

more like pre production cars that have just been beat within a inch of there life.

more like pre production cars that have just been beat within a inch of there life.

Depends on the magazine and the article. When I worked for one of the big 3, we'd hand pick and massage motors, the car, everything then send that car out for review.

The SRT4 is one of the harder cars to go down the track with street tires. It's FWD and have so much low end torque, it would just roast the tires if you're not careful with the throttle. So tell your friends to invest in some stickier tires and "feather" the gas off the line.

AWD car is the the best at making average driver look good. Rev as high as you dare, side step the clutch, and you're gone as a pro driver ; ).

The SRT4 is one of the harder cars to go down the track with street tires. It's FWD and have so much low end torque, it would just roast the tires if you're not careful with the throttle. So tell your friends to invest in some stickier tires and "feather" the gas off the line.

AWD car is the the best at making average driver look good. Rev as high as you dare, side step the clutch, and you're gone as a pro driver ; ).

quattro ftw

Yes, and no.

Trying to drive an AWD car and not hurt things is damn hard. 99% of the time you find yourself bogging and rolling off. Once you have a built transmission/clutch/ect. and the vehicle-specific bugs are worked out you can launch like that. :)

Example: Within 24hrs of installing the big16 on my old talon, I had no center diff or 2nd gear left. After the stage 3 shep tranny, and other stuff I was leaving 5.5K at just about every light. I only took it to the track once, and after burning all of first, left a little softer and cut a 1.78 on 205 all seasons.

• 1 month later...