Dayton People or those familiar with the area?

jerrodh

I'm going to be relocating for a pretty nice job opprotunity, and not really familiar with the area. I know theres definitly some bad parts of Dayton and I will be working the southside closier to Miamisburg/Centerville. If anyone has some insight and or hookups or referrals to an apartment complex down around there any guidance would be nice.

Must have

Nice Neighborhood

Pet friendly (least small pets cats/caged animals/etc.)

Not to far from major highways in the area 75/etc.

Prefer

2 bedroom townhouse

I live 20 minutes south of dayton

10 minutes south of Miamisburg/Centerville

I know a 21 year old female friend that is looking for a roommate for her house - Springboro area (beside centerville)

Nice area and just a few minutes from I-75

I'm going to be relocating for a pretty nice job opprotunity, and not really familiar with the area. I know theres definitly some bad parts of Dayton and I will be working the southside closier to Miamisburg/Centerville. If anyone has some insight and or hookups or referrals to an apartment complex down around there any guidance would be nice.

Must have

Nice Neighborhood

Pet friendly (least small pets cats/caged animals/etc.)

Not to far from major highways in the area 75/etc.

Prefer

2 bedroom townhouse

None of your requirements exist in the Dayton area... it's an all around shithole.

seriously, Beavercreek is quite nice...

Most of the areas along I-675 are decent. They seem to get a bit more upscale as you go south. Both Centerville and Beavercreek areas are nice - and generally get a bit nicer as you move south from 35. The newer areas are typically east of the freeway. Call these "general" guidelines and I'm sure there are some exceptions.

depends on what you want to spend

Dayton itself is a shithole but most of the burbs are fine. Huber used to be good but it's getting shitty lately. Beavercreek/Centerville are nice but $$. If you stay south you are fine, avoid west for the most part, or go north of I70.

I used to work in Dayton. I would say the west side is definitely a "hell no." Kettering (the south east side) isn't too great either. I would say Huber Heights is okay (north east) and Vandalia (right above Dayton) is nice.

Happy hunting.

If we got a really nice place for $800 that be fine. Been paying $500 a month at our current place and with the pets and all the shit we got its a little small now. I've scene some decent looking townhomes for $600-$700 range so I think with a high max of $800 we can definitly find a really nice place.

Nathan and I lived in this with our 2 dogs and 3 cats when we lived in Dayton(beavercreek) And we really liked them. They were mostly modern, built within the lat 10 years i think, maybe a teeny bit older.. but pretty new.

http://www.fieldstoneapts.com/twobedroom.aspx

We were in teh Clover 2 I think. I know its not a town home but they are spacious and open floor plans, quiet area, residential behind it and close to lots of shopping (the Green= Easton and a Kmart, krogers, and meijers are about 5 miles away) and major highway. (675) The Apt Manager is a lovely lady and very accomodating.

Looks like rent has gone up a little bit. We also were able to rent a garage there as well.

I highly reccomend this place.

Moraine Cops and Kettering cops= :devil:

Watch yoru speed on 35, as its 55mph, and they LOVE to catch you speedign on it.

Edit.

Kettering is not bad if you are in Far Hills area, as well as near beavercreek. They have small homes to rent for probably the same price as an apartment in b'creek, or c'ville. Miamsiburg is very hit or miss as well as West Carrolton. Stay away from Moraine.

You will definatly get more bang for your buck in dayton than you will here, but i dont agree that dayton is a shithole. (sorry i miss the gem city)

Huber north of 70 can get you a nice house for ~700. Aside from that, look around. There are decent areas in Fairborn that are much cheaper but the best areas seem to be Centerville and Beavercreek.

Sorry, but to me, fairborn can be as sketchy as parts of xenia...