I would love to own:

hot_wire

This:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/25th-ANNIVERSARY-EDITION-TWIN-TURBO-V-8-100-PICTURES_W0QQitemZ180490355691QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item2a061043eb

I love the look of Esprits. What do you guys think?

Any clue why Esprits go so cheap? To put it into perspective, this car is going for the price of a new Passat. Do Esprits handle like shit? Terrible maintenance? It looks like a deal and a half from the outside. I can definitely see owning one after school.

The V8's are cool if you can get rid of the crappy french trans. They were detuned from 500hp. But the 4bangers arent bad, plus you can get them on the cheap. Espirit S4 I think was the best bang for the buck one.

:grin2:

Yup, the last of the Esprit S4's made around 300hp.....lighter than the V8 and in terms of acceleration and pretty identical...

Agreed on the S4 Esprits being better than the V8.

Its a 7 year old car, look at mercedes S-classes, BMW 7s, everything looses massive amounts of its value in that time.

I have looked at esprits several times, I would consider one when I have the money. Kind of like a good fiero, that or an NSX. Personally I like the lotus better. Why are people worried about parts? MAG is a lotus dealer and lotus is still in business. The esprit was in production for over 30 years. There are clubs, aftermarket, reproductions, etc. Parts would be the least of my worries. People like to be scared on parts for european cars, I bought a 23 year old Benz, and a diesel at that. I have no issues getting parts and even paying main dealer prices isn't bad.

People like to be scared on parts for european cars, I bought a 23 year old Benz, and a diesel at that. I have no issues getting parts and even paying main dealer prices isn't bad.

Amen to that. And if the dealer prices are that bad...go somewhere else.

People who know me know that I'm a Lotus enthusiast. However, IMHO, the Esprits lived up to the Lotus name ..... if by LOTUS you mean Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious.

A friend of mine sold Esprits new and had terrible stories of breakdowns, parts falling off, cars not even making it from the dealer to the new owner's house before failing, you name it. Can they be sorted out, fixed, re-engineeered? You bet. But is that really what you want to buy one for?

I'm much happier with my choice of a Type 72D. In two years and 15k miles of driving it's needed only the routine scheduled service and tires. One fourth the operating cost of an Esprit and 10x more fun to drive. And mine gets 30+ mpg on every tank.

My .02 ;)

Amen to that. And if the dealer prices are that bad...go somewhere else.

Breather tube for my OM603 Diesel

Mercedes OE from Autohausaz - $26.97

Ebay used breather tube - $29.99

Mercedes OE from Mercedes Benz of Cincinnati - $19.80

European car aren't as scary as people like to think they are, whatever it prevents people from buying cheap european cars. They turn down cars because they're too expensive to work on... whatever works for us.

I agree with doc the type 72 is a better, simpler car. Just something cool about the old turbo straight 4s from mid 90s.

2 cars I would love to own:

http://www.motorimania.net/manifestazioni/sportive/lancia/images/d_delta_integrale_evo_12.jpg

http://ll.speedhunters.com/u/f/eagames/NFS/speedhunters.com/Images/AndyBlackmore/09_race/audi_retro/qu_sport.jpg

2 cars I would love to own:

http://www.motorimania.net/manifestazioni/sportive/lancia/images/d_delta_integrale_evo_12.jpg

I'm with you on the Lancia.. The fact that it's 4-doors is fucking win, too.

See the turbos? T25 otherwise known to us dsmer's t2small. Those turbos are so shitty. If those were anything else, such as a 50 trim gt28, gt30 etc, thats a 500hp car easy!