Ticket help...

2 Sweet

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but if yours gets to trial, if the cop doesnt show, they have no one to argue their side of the story, and you win. if its a small township (i dont know perry), they may not have the $$ to pay the cop to go into court and sit through all that, or you may just get lucky and he might not go in, etc, in which case you win

Not always true, man. It's urban myth that this always works. For this serious of an offense, I'd bet my lunch money that a)the cop will be there or b) the judge will postpone it until the cop can be there.

Not always true, man. It's urban myth that this always works. For this serious of an offense, I'd bet my lunch money that a)the cop will be there or b) the judge will postpone it until the cop can be there.

you go in the first time to plead not guilty. they will then set a court date, and notify the officer. if he doesnt show up, they're not going to keep wasting time. you did your part to show up, he should have done his. if not, oh well.

if he doesnt show up, they're not going to keep wasting time. you did your part to show up, he should have done his. if not, oh well.

For this offense and the fines associated with it, again, I bet they will reschedule. It's not law that a cop only has 1 chance to make it to court.

What did he say to you?

First thing he said was "I smell alcohol" since we had come from the bar and my two friends were pretty buzzed (that's why I was driving the car, I was sober). He gave me some sobriety tests (which I passed obviously) then wrote me the ticket and sent me on my way. He didn't even ask me why I was going that fast or anything.

How? 6 points is the max violation, they can't automatically take it away for driving that much over the limit, can they?

I have no excuse. I was driving my friend's car, he told me to take off, and I took off. I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed

U won't lose ur license.... reckless opps is 6 points.

Points drop off every 2 years. An you can get a max of 12 points within those 2 years before they take it...

U can fight it all u want but u were going 90+.. just go to court to try be nice and accept what they give u.

:lol: smooth man. What were u doing trying to drive something fast cause ur so used to driving ur slow fbody?

The day you go in plea not guilty and get a laywer if you can not afford one get a worthless public defender, better then nothing. You prolly have a court day coming up soon. Just remember all the public defenders are friends with all the court buddys and are usually just doing this job to wait for an opening . I work around all of the people everyday good luck.

U won't lose ur license.... reckless opps is 6 points.

Points drop off every 2 years. An you can get a max of 12 points within those 2 years before they take it...

U can fight it all u want but u were going 90+.. just go to court to try be nice and accept what they give u.

:lol: smooth man. What were u doing trying to drive something fast cause ur so used to driving ur slow fbody?

Yeah, that's basically what I was thinking. And the car I was driving was an H22 swapped Accord, surely nothing as fast as my super slow fbody :cool:

The day you go in plea not guilty and get a laywer if you can not afford one get a worthless public defender, better then nothing. You prolly have a court day coming up soon. Just remember all the public defenders are friends with all the court buddys and are usually just doing this job to wait for an opening . I work around all of the people everyday good luck.

I appreciate the advice, but I just don't see how I can fight it. Like Paul pointed out, I was doing 93, going 53(!) over the limit. I don't really see what a lawyer could do for me, but then again I don't know anything about this kind of stuff...

get a lawyer and get it dropped down and save loads of money in the long run with insurance.

What can the lawyer say that will drop it down? And how much will my insurance increase? I never understood how that works either, I've had tickets before and it never changed.

What can the lawyer say that will drop it down? And how much will my insurance increase? I never understood how that works either, I've had tickets before and it never changed.

i dont really know, my buddies dad is a lawyer and does it for everyone, just so noone gets points. When you turn 24/25 they will adjust your rates and most likely look at your driving history.

4 points for wreckless op. I think it used to be 6, but others here say it has always been 4.

If you can afford it, lawyer up.

Also, I'm not sure you can fight the tint. Doesn't that fall into the "it's not illegal to own a car with X, it's illegal to drive a car with X." Like loud/off road exhaust, no front plates, etc. You can own a car with that shit, you can't operate it on a public road though. Hope I'm wrong.

I got a wreckless op ticket back in 2007 and it was 6 points, but I paid a lawyer and got it dropped down to speeding charges 2 points and I had to take a 8 hour driving class, and OP 12 points is the max before they are suspended

i had a reckless op in 2008 after almost hitting 2 sheriffs cars head on. i had to go to court, plead guilty or not guilty, pay court fees, take 4 points.

since i was a minor i had my license suspended for 6 weeks. any violations under 18 automatically remove your license. i dont think they will take yours.

As for them dismissing if the cop doesn't show, bullshit. I've had it happen twice where they didn't, and the judge issued a continuance on behalf of the city to allow the officer to show. Now, the second time they don't show, that's when it will be dismissed.

Just curious, how many others on here have received a ticket for going 50+ over the speed limit? Or am I the only one that was stupid enough to do it and get caught?

I mean I can't really say I'm surprised it happened, I speed quite a bit and have done well over 100 multiple times, I figure it's just karma repaying me. I think this is God's way of telling me to grow up and cut the bullshit.

Just curious, how many others on here have received a ticket for going 50+ over the speed limit? Or am I the only one that was stupid enough to do it and get caught?

I mean I can't really say I'm surprised it happened, I speed quite a bit and have done well over 100 multiple times, I figure it's just karma repaying me. I think this is God's way of telling me to grow up and cut the bullshit.

get a layer and let him do all the talking, let the judge know that you can't have a lot of points on your license because your job requires a good/clean driving record and make sure your lawyer reminds the judge he's a public servant, and how is causing you your job a public service? also he's an elected official who will need your vote one day, that's the stuff my lawyer talked to the judge about

You are not paying the laywer to fight the case, you are pretty much already guilty of it, now its find a good laywer who can kiss ass or know the people, and plead guilty to something less. Trust me laywers can get things worked out for you, just how the world works. You was charged with wreckless op but in reality it will be dropped to a less offense, whith less fines ect.

My lawyer has gotten me outta a half-dozen tickets over the years and it relatively inexpensive. He talks directly to the judge, not the prosecutor.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&rlz=1B2GGGL_enUS208US208&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=joel+rovito,+43068&fb=1&gl=us&hq=joel+rovito,&hnear=43068&cid=18289544283333015884

Guest Removed
So those of you who suggest getting a lawyer, basically you're saying it's worth it? When I hear the word "lawyer" I automatically think "expensive"

not always..my dude is pricey..but i dont have any street racing tickets on my record to prove he has done his job...well worth the money spent IMO. but my guy is also in good with most franklin county judges, so that helps

My lawyer has gotten me outta a half-dozen tickets over the years and it relatively inexpensive. He talks directly to the judge, not the prosecutor.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&rlz=1B2GGGL_enUS208US208&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=joel+rovito,+43068&fb=1&gl=us&hq=joel+rovito,&hnear=43068&cid=18289544283333015884

This is what you need someone who is good with the judge not the dick prosecutor