Off with the Kit

Twistedrx7

Decided it was time to take the Body kit off. I took off the side skirt and had a bunch of black shit all over the place. Got most of it off along with the paint...

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c168/twistedrx7/0418001251.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c168/twistedrx7/0418001251b.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c168/twistedrx7/0418001252.jpg

yup only took my 5 years to do it ha. The car is finally paid off. I have a Cwest front bumper and side skirts that i might put on. Or i might just do 99 spec. I definitely and going to be stripping everything down to bare metal and having it painted.

Dont take it down to metal. There is not need for that.

well whoever painted it before did a shitty job. It is too thick in some spots and thin in others. Overspray in a lot of places as well. Unless you have a better idea for me?

Im going to be stripping in the interior to do a cage and redo a lot of wiring. So i would want to spray it all one color when it is done.

wingless with a 99 front, 99 sideskirts, and RE-A street diffuser in the rear gets my vote.

Since it wasn't orginally CYM I would see no shame in changing to a different color, but CYM does actually look quite sharp in person when it's done well.

wingless with a 99 front, 99 sideskirts, and RE-A street diffuser in the rear gets my vote.

Since it wasn't orginally CYM I would see no shame in changing to a different color, but CYM does actually look quite sharp in person when it's done well.

CYM looks more than sharp in person, i vow i will own one before i die :D

i vote 99 spec, also what cage are you planning on doing, IMO anything over a 4 point in a street FD is over kill. also if you need/want any help stripping the interior i could help.

Well if you know my car it is anything but a "street" car. A full bridge with solid bushings mounts.

I am very picky about my car and how i work on things. If they are not organized and documented i will freak out. Thank though.

well whoever painted it before did a shitty job. It is too thick in some spots and thin in others. Overspray in a lot of places as well. Unless you have a better idea for me?

Take it to Andy or Hoblick. They will even that paint right out for you. After they get a hold of it you may only need a quick touch up job (which I know Hoblick can do, not sure if Andy paints).