Header Help

LS_Sonoma

Guest Removed
I wish I had TIG skillz.

i have seen a ton of header kits done with a mig, and turned out fine.

or tack them together, and drop them off to tinman or tank to finish off

Finding quality LS1 s10 swap headers is a pain. I was thinking of buying some proven Gen 1 Chevy headers (long tube) cutting off the flanges and welding on some LS1 flanges. Any thoughts?

reshaping SBC headers would be a lot of work, LS1s have 4 evenly spaced round ports, older SBCs have unevenly spaced rectangle ports.

Might as well start from scratch, or just start with some crappy LS1 headers and work on them.

reshaping SBC headers would be a lot of work, LS1s have 4 evenly spaced round ports, older SBCs have unevenly spaced rectangle ports.

Might as well start from scratch, or just start with some crappy LS1 headers and work on them.

I remembered the two outer pipes are not evenly spaced as I read your post. Sucks. I think I'll buy someones long tubes make my cuts, tack and have someone finish them up. Then get them coated.

Guest Removed
I remembered the two outer pipes are not evenly spaced as I read your post. Sucks. I think I'll buy someones long tubes make my cuts, tack and have someone finish them up. Then get them coated.

BBC/SBF headers would be a closer fit