NHL Playoffs > NBA Playoffs

HotCarl

Read on Puckdaddy the comparison's vs NHL and NBA playoff's and how their fans follow each, which is more entertaining etc... all that bs. Without a doubt, NHL playoff's trump NBA's playoffs any day, first round all the way through to the championship.

NBA playoff's the home team wins 80% of the time, NHL its exciting to watch an 8 seed underdog take down a perrennial powerhouse (see Coyotes vs Detroit or L.A. vs Vancouver or Colorado (I still hate you adam foote) vs. San Jose), its exciting! Honestly the only newsworthy quote i saw from the NBA was that Lebron DIDNT put up 40pts on Chicago in the first game... WTF?! oh and there was that Boston Celtics "fight" that was actually kinda cool.

What are you watching?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Making-case-for-Stanley-Cup-playoffs-trumping-NB?urn=nhl,235371#remaining-content

Of course I'd be watching the NHL playoffs even if they were boring, but man it's been pretty crazy so far this year. I've been trying to catch most of the Avs/Sharks games. I was up until 1:00AM last night waiting to see what happened in OT. Very good series. I've been rooting for the Avs since the Jackets aren't in it, just b/c I like Matt Duchene.

Basketball is just so boring for me to watch, I can't stand it.

The NHL Playoffs are one the best things about sports. I know people who are not fans or who don't fully understand the game may have a hard time understanding that. But just watch, then fans and the players are crazy. They say the best thing about football is that after every snap of the ball something amazing might happen... Well the same goes for playoff hockey! Only as soon as the puck drops there is non-stop potential, a big hit that breaks the glass, a huge save, a goal, or even a very close but no goal shot, the fights, the drama, the scuffles after the puck is stopped, the way the team looks after each other... So many things and at such a high pace make it much more enjoyable then the stop and go of other major sport. Of course this is just my opinion so I’ll continue to enjoy the NHL playoffs!

AND GO PENS!!!!!!

NHL, for sure. Neither of my teams are in the playoffs (Rangers / Jackets), so I'm rooting for Buffalo (I grew up 45 minutes from there) and Phoenix, just because they've been bad for so long, I'd love to see them win something. And they are playing Detroit and the Dead Wings blow llama balls... :D

NBA. Lifetime basketball/Celtics fan so it's nice being relevant again. Plus I pretty much hate hockey. Best sports time in my life I can remember is when baseball was just ending and hockey was on strike. Nothing but football and basketball stuff on SportsCenter for months.

NBA. Lifetime basketball/Celtics fan so it's nice being relevant again. Plus I pretty much hate hockey. Best sports time in my life I can remember is when baseball was just ending and hockey was on strike. Nothing but football and basketball stuff on SportsCenter for months.

Celtics fans eat turds for lunch.

Hope you enjoy getting stomped by the Cavs LOL

Only thing I'll enjoy about this basketball postseason is watching all the Cavs fanboys cry when the Cavs lose and they realize Lebron will be wearing orange and blue next year.

Actually I really just love pissing off Cavs fans because they are still adjusting to being fans of a relevant team.

NFL Playoffs > College Bowl Season> NHL playoffs> NBA Playoffs > watching paint dry > watching grass grow> MLB Playoffs

Meh

NHL Playoffs > NHL regular season > NHL preseason > College Bowl Season > NFL Playoffs > College regular season > NFL regular season > watching grass grow > Soccer > WNBA > NBA Playoffs

Celtics fans eat turds for lunch.

Hope you enjoy getting stomped by the Cavs LOL

Hey, I have no delusions of making the Finals this season. Or any season with this Big 3 still here. They had their run, might have had a shot at another last year but had injury issues and have looked pretty much done this season. Strangely enough, most Cavs fans I've talked to seem to think it will be a 7 game series. I don't see it but with the way Boston played last night without KG you never know.

Hey, I have no delusions of making the Finals this season. Or any season with this Big 3 still here. They had their run, might have had a shot at another last year but had injury issues and have looked pretty much done this season. Strangely enough, most Cavs fans I've talked to seem to think it will be a 7 game series. I don't see it but with the way Boston played last night without KG you never know.

I hope it does go 5 to 7 games. The celtics are playing good ball, the Cavs need to get ruffed up a little before they play orlando and the fakers. I just love to hate some of the players on the celtics team.

NBA over NHL...sorry but I cannot stand watching people chase a puck and only score on average 2-3 times a game. Now watching it in person is a different story, I love going to Jacket games.

This is the NHL in a nutchell, you ready "Crosby and Ovechkin"....thats it. Those are the only 2 people you hear about. Atleast with NBA you got Kobe, Lebron, KG, Durant, ect.

NBA over NHL...sorry but I cannot stand watching people chase a puck and only score on average 2-3 times a game. Now watching it in person is a different story, I love going to Jacket games.

This is the NHL in a nutchell, you ready "Crosby and Ovechkin"....thats it. Those are the only 2 people you hear about. Atleast with NBA you got Kobe, Lebron, KG, Durant, ect.

Honestly i fucking hate the "crosby vs ovechkin" line as much as anything else in sports. Sure its a story line that gets attention but its way outplayed and when/if they play each other in the next round im sure thats all we'll here. There are SOOOO many good talented player's in the league that deserve that spotlight just as much as those two do.

As for MLB playoffs, i'll watch the postseason sometimes but never the regular season, its just not that interesting.

Okay, this is the NBA in a "nutchell", "Lebron and Kobe"....that's it. The only two people you hear about.

It's basically the same exact thing. You are going to hear about superstars and that's it. I'm sure my 3 year old son knows the names of more NHL players than 80% percent of the general population in the USA. People enjoy what they enjoy. I'm willing to be there are far more people in the world who would perfer hockey over basketball, it just doesn't help that in the US only half of the country actually gets below freezing.

You used to hear about Rick Nash, but you don't hear about him anymore, you used to hear about Gretzky and Lemieux...its the way Hockey markets its product. They throw out the name of 2 great players and thats all you hear about.

Im not really following what your trying to say. People use to talk about Gretzky and Lemieux when they played and were presently relevant to the game (their still relevant just not as active players), obviously they dont play anymore so their not going to be talked about. Thats like saying "NBA sucks b/c they never talk about Jordan or hakeem olajuwon anymore its always Kobe and Lebron". As for Nash, he's still an elite player in the prime of his career there's just no story line there for the papers and reporters to pick on.

But you are right about one thing, I hate the way NHL markets its product. Sean Avery may be a total jackass but he had it right when he said "im just trying to stir the pot", thats exactly what the sport needs less guys reading from an approved script in interviews and more saying exactly what they mean. I mean jesus he called Elisha Cuthbert his "sloppy seconds", fucking awesome.