Custom machine shops?

Last_in

Has anyone had experience with Columbus machine works, INC. ? I was just at there website and sent them an email, waiting to hear back now.

Where is a good machine shop that could help me produce custom caliper brackets?

Yeah it's going to be quite expensive. I talked with AR Engineering, they make kits to adapt the viper and various other calipers to B/E/A body Mopars. He said he knows nothing about Dakotas so he doesn't want to get involved plus with the projects he has coming up he wouldn't have time. He did give me some contact info of other people that would probably be interested though. He said they were tossing round the idea of getting into some custom Dakota suspension stuff so I'll check and see whats up with them.

If I can get a bracket made then I can put some kits together for fellow Dakota owners.

Guest 614Streets

Columbus machine works OMG these guys are gold man. I kid you not go see these guys. I had a set of bushings for some traction bars that needed turned down on a lathe and needed the inside diameter changed as well. I was able to get these guys to do a rush job same day so I could go to kilkare the next day. They are gold man.

It will cost you money but thats what the game is all about if you dont have cash stay at home.

Guest Removed
Yeah it's going to be quite expensive. I talked with AR Engineering, they make kits to adapt the viper and various other calipers to B/E/A body Mopars. He said he knows nothing about Dakotas so he doesn't want to get involved plus with the projects he has coming up he wouldn't have time. He did give me some contact info of other people that would probably be interested though. He said they were tossing round the idea of getting into some custom Dakota suspension stuff so I'll check and see whats up with them.

If I can get a bracket made then I can put some kits together for fellow Dakota owners.

just put 9" in them, with either drum or disc brakes. :p

Another good option is a guy on the west side by the name of Eric Grimes. He's a mechanical engineer with a small machine shop. His work is top quality and probably less expensive than most would be. If nothing else I recommend you talk with him about your project. This guy has forgotten more about going fast than I will ever know. All I have is his work email address. Let me know and I'll PM it to you.
  • Confused 1

Another good option is a guy on the west side by the name of Eric Grimes. He's a mechanical engineer with a small machine shop. His work is top quality and probably less expensive than most would be. If nothing else I recommend you talk with him about your project. This guy has forgotten more about going fast than I will ever know. All I have is his work email address. Let me know and I'll PM it to you.

Yeah PM it to me if you can, please. Thanks

I don't know if you know John Mercedes personally but I would never buy anything he puts his name on or is even associated with.

I remember that kit being a little over $3,200 for a group buy price back in 2007. That was $1200 off of retail value, and that was with the most basic rotors you could find. A little pricey, when I did my fronts, 14" rotor and 4 piston brembos for just under $1,000. My bracket however is not marketable but I am playing around on solidworks right now.

+eleventybillion for Eric. He's one of my customers.

I don't know if you know John Mercedes personally but I would never buy anything he puts his name on or is even associated with.

I remember that kit being a little over $3,200 for a group buy price back in 2007. That was $1200 off of retail value, and that was with the most basic rotors you could find. A little pricey, when I did my fronts, 14" rotor and 4 piston brembos for just under $1,000. My bracket however is not marketable but I am playing around on solidworks right now.

nope don't know the guy just an old link I had saved that was still good from when I had a dakota... thought maybe I could save you some time