LSX Clutch suggestions

JuicedH22

So, I am in the midst of my ls6 buildup. I am anticipating ~440whp, and a little shy of that 600whp mark on spray. (though spray comes later this year)

I am not sure how long, or if at all, the stock zo6 clutch will last, so I am looking at getting a new clutch, just thought I would get some CBus lsx guy's opinions...

I dont really care too much about how heavy the pedal feels, but since i daily drive the car, I dont want something that has a super hard engagement, making rush hour a complete PITA.

was thinking spec 2.5 full face disk, and a local cincy shop is trying to push me into a fidanza.

thoughts? suggestions?

Dude, you did not just ask this. LOL have you searched on ls1 tech?

Personally I got a spec stage 1 (because my motor is stock). But I hadn't done my research before then. When you get a spec you have to get into the whole ordeal of measuring the slave cylinder/pressure plate gap to see if you need to shim the slave cylinder.

When I installed mine into the RX-7 the instructions said to use it but the measurements I took showed that I did not need it. I second guessed/measured for 5 hours and finally said 'F it' and put it in with no shim, seems ok so far (1000 miles or so)

However, I personally find it unacceptable that a clutch manufacturer require a shim or not. Seriously, learn how to manufacture something within a spec. If I could go back and do it all over i'd get a Monster clutch. Get ready to shell out some $$$ tho.

Yes, I did look on ls1t... there are a bagillion recommendations, by a bagillion people, same with Corvette Forum.... just thought I would get an opinion, particularly from people I know more, and then their opinion might mean a little more to me.

I'd go with a Spec or something along those lines... I've heard good things about those Monster clutches as well... Just don't get a Ram clutch, mine is garbage. If I had to put another clutch in, I'd get a Centerforce dual friction.

My spec 3+ lastest two full seasons of beating the crap out of it. This was when my car made 650+rwtq on spray. It was a great clutch. Now my spec stage 5 has been replaced 3 times in two years. I would not recomend it.

I've heard good things about the Moster and it seems to be priced well when you get into the higher level clutches.

http://www.monsterclutches.com/

Alot of people seem to like the textrilia and their twin disk is only $1250. I really like the new RPS twins disk clutches and if i put a twin in my car it will probably be a RPS.

Edited by Linn

My spec 3+ lastest two full seasons of beating the crap out of it. This was when my car made 650+rwtq on spray. It was a great clutch. Now my spec stage 5 has been replaced 3 times in two years. I would not recomend it.

I've heard good things about the Moster and it seems to be priced well when you get into the higher level clutches.

http://www.monsterclutches.com/

Alot of people seem to like the textrilia and their twin disk is only $1250. I really like the new RPS twins disk clutches and if i put a twin in my car it will probably be a RPS.

I really was given a great deal on the Fidanza twin disk, but my only concern is engagement... I dont want something that will grab super hard/fast, and be hard to slip a little, due to daily driveability... that would suck in rush hour traffic

I really was given a great deal on the Fidanza twin disk, but my only concern is engagement... I dont want something that will grab super hard/fast, and be hard to slip a little, due to daily driveability... that would suck in rush hour traffic

Spec 3+ is perfect for the street. You will have some chatter.

has ACT came out with there new clutchs yet for those. heard they was making a badass twin disc for them.

http://www2.advancedclutch.com/products/clutchkits.aspx?prod_id=6773#6773

They are rated at 925 lb at the flywheel and they are cheap for the amount of power they hold. I don't see a twin yet.

Guest Removed
http://www2.advancedclutch.com/products/clutchkits.aspx?prod_id=6773#6773

They are rated at 925 lb at the flywheel and they are cheap for the amount of power they hold. I don't see a twin yet.

well when i ordered marks stuff, they told me they was currently working on a twin for the newer vettes. to hold 1200 or so. and i've always had good luck with there products.

Spec 3+ is perfect for the street. You will have some chatter.

I know mine chattered like crazy until 500 miles. My buddy has a 3+ and his chatters like hell all the time. I'm talking like....shake the teeth out of your head.

go monster.

Get a stock LS7 clutch, and have Southbend reclock the pressure plate, and reface the cluttch disc, all of this for 275 dollars, and you have a stock pedal feel and 725 ft/lb capable clutch. We have been using this combo as well as Katech quite often, and we get rave feedback. You can find used LS7s for cheap all over the place on the corvette forum, even brand new they are cheap (250 ish think)

Other wise I would say there are endless possiblities, ACT has released their new twin disc line, and it is pretty cost effective for a twin. We have sold a few all ready and I have not heard bad things from my customers, execpt that they are loud when compressed, which is semi common for twins.

Southbend also has a Stage 4 ofe which is rated to right at 700 680 ft/lbs and is a full face metallic clutch which will hold the heat of drag racing rather well (similar to the LS7 reworked clutch).

If you have any other clutch in mind I can help you get a great value, so let me know if you need any help pricing ect.

Good luck

I would go with the spec stage 3 +. Everyone that I know of who has used this clutch has had no problems or complaints. That was the clutch that was going on my ws6 until I had a brain fart one day and decided to sell the car. Worst decision I have ever made. Well that and driving drunk.

Get a stock LS7 clutch, and have Southbend reclock the pressure plate, and reface the cluttch disc, all of this for 275 dollars, and you have a stock pedal feel and 725 ft/lb capable clutch. We have been using this combo as well as Katech quite often, and we get rave feedback. You can find used LS7s for cheap all over the place on the corvette forum, even brand new they are cheap (250 ish think)

Other wise I would say there are endless possiblities, ACT has released their new twin disc line, and it is pretty cost effective for a twin. We have sold a few all ready and I have not heard bad things from my customers, execpt that they are loud when compressed, which is semi common for twins.

Southbend also has a Stage 4 ofe which is rated to right at 700 680 ft/lbs and is a full face metallic clutch which will hold the heat of drag racing rather well (similar to the LS7 reworked clutch).

If you have any other clutch in mind I can help you get a great value, so let me know if you need any help pricing ect.

Good luck

I found this very interesting... thanks for posting this info.

Good luck

Bump for LS7 c6Rob has literally put one through hell and back and so have i in his car they hold nice.

He races his at midohio never any problems