anyone know this mustang?

jeffro

friend of mine baught a mustang today, the thing looked beat to death. it was a green 1998 mustang gt. lowered, hoodpins, half a Cold air intake, chipped, cobra wheels, lakewood bellhousing with im assuming a tko tranny. long tubes, bbk catless x pipe. stage 50 clutch, a set of gears, the speedo went all the way around and i was only doing about 30. interior just about gutted, racing seats, no center console, rear seat delete. located somewhere in delaware. according to the new owner the previous owner was a body builder.

i know there are a million mustangs in cbus, but just takin a shot. anyone know the previous owner?

edit:

http://images.craigslist.org/3n13k83mc5T55U15R2a4bb3971579e1501c10.jpg

heres the CL add from canal

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1682642128.html

Edited by jeffro

Not 49, not 51, but a stage 50 clutch is just right :lol:

j/k why did he buy it if it's a heap of shit?

his first somewhat fast car. prolly heard it run, was loud, looked cool, and made the mistake of buying it for 5500$. its not worth 2k the way it sits.

i say stage 50 because just barely letting the clutch out kills it. i ran him down the highway in mexico, and i put lengths on him. same motor :wtf:

the car feels like its about to blow, has a massive leak at the gas tank. just in bad shape. lesson learned i guess

his first somewhat fast car. prolly heard it run, was loud, looked cool, and made the mistake of buying it for 5500$. its not worth 2k the way it sits.

i say stage 50 because just barely letting the clutch out kills it. i ran him down the highway in mexico, and i put lengths on him. same motor :wtf:

the car feels like its about to blow, has a massive leak at the gas tank. just in bad shape. lesson learned i guess

The 96-98 cars are a far comparison to the 99+ P.I head cars. I hoped Ford gathered all the 96-98 GT's and burned them all to the ground for such a failure of a Mustang, but this is not the case. For that kind of $$$ he could've had a nice 94-95 SN95 with a 5.0, or a clean Fox. Looks like he's got some work ahead of him if he wants it to be "fast".

Guest Removed
The 96-98 cars are a far comparison to the 99+ P.I head cars. I hoped Ford gathered all the 96-98 GT's and burned them all to the ground for such a failure of a Mustang, but this is not the case. For that kind of $$$ he could've had a nice 94-95 SN95 with a 5.0, or a clean Fox. Looks like he's got some work ahead of him if he wants it to be "fast".

with pi heads on them(99-04) they will put down more then a stock 99-04 car will. compression ends up being higher after the head swap. :D

with pi heads on them(99-04) they will put down more then a stock 99-04 car will. compression ends up being higher after the head swap. :D

Did that with VT stage 1 cams in my old 98, then decided to pick up an 03 Mach1 Motor and drop it in. Then Sold it a year later to build a house.

I hate when people say those cars were junk, The've become a good bargin and can be made to be pretty quick. Their down fall was the aftermarket had no clue what to do with them and by the time they figured it out the 99 ups were already rolling on the street for 3 yrs and then came the 3V's. So the NPI cars were just considered a bastard.