hub on 97 sonoma 4x4.....

xlr8tn

I'll check the voltage tomorrow....the chilton manual just said between 900 and 2k ohms and mine ohm'd out at 1.7k. Thanks for the info and I'll give this a try tomorrow.

Another thing I do to get those hubs off is to bolt the wheel/tire back on with a couple lug nuts and use that for leverage to break the hub loose. I know you already pulled it off, but sometimes they go out right after the other.

well, still no luck. I spun that wheel and measured voltage today and it was below the 350mv. Not sure if that's a reluctor or sensor issue though and the voltage kinda jumped all over the place because it's tough to turn that wheel at a consistant pace. I went ahead and cleaned the reluctors on both sides and that didn't do it.

I'm kinda wondering by reading #7 up there where it talks about cleaning the mounting surfaces of the sensor if that sensor grounds to the spindle or something. That paragraph you pasted is from a different style sensor because it talks about plugging the hole it goes into. Mine sits on the dust shield and reads the wheel on the back of the hub. Is it possible it grounds through that shield and rust/dirt might be keeping it from getting a good ground? I'm thinking that's an extremely long shot because the control arms would be insulated from the vehicle by bushings so it wouldn't be a good place to ground. That plug is a 2 wire plug.....I'll have to look up the schematic and see what that says.

I'm just done with this thing. All I want to do is sell it, there's a lady waiting on me to get it fixed and she wants to buy it. I just don't want to throw hundreds of dollars worth of hubs and shit at it. I could always disable the pump and take the abs bulb out but that's a pretty shitty thing to do and not sure I'd feel right doing that to someone.

Guest Removed

that is a tsb right from gm.. it covers several truck models in the tsb... and yes, it does apply to yours...

and like i have said a few times the sensor might be fine...i see alot more wiring issues then anything...

well, like i said... you have to ohm out the wiring for the sensors now... to make sure the issue is not with that.

high resistance in the wires can cause this aswell

I owe you a beer bro. Got it back up and running today. I took that hub and sensor back off and sanded the mounting points for the dust shield. Not sure if that's what did it or if something else was funky the first time I put it on but it's working now so I'm happy. Next time I have a cook out you and your wife or gf are invited. Beer and BBQ are on me. :D Thanks again for the help.