ISS fly over

Tractor

The international space station flys over our area a few times per month at night and this time I figured I'd remind you guys. I know some will enjoy seeing it.

Tonight from Westerville look South-Southwest at 9:11pm. It can easily be seen even from downtown because it will be the brightest thing in the sky other than the moon and maybe some aircraft. It will be moving steady, for a few minutes then disappear pretty quickly due to crossing into the earths shadow.

A link to times in your zip code and more dates and info

http://www.spaceweather.com/flybys/flybys.php?zip=43081

Fuck I will still be at work. :(

I remember when I went camping in Yellow Stone park you could see satellites every night. All you had to do was stare at the sky and within an hour or less you would see a bright almost star that moves in a perfect line. It is insane how fast it moves across the sky. Fucking loved it you could wait some more time and then you would see it again.

Just watched for about 6-7 minutes straight. Started out in the southwest and headed towards the northeast. I saw it last month, too. Pretty cool. At first glance, you'd just think it was a plane... :nod:

Are you sure?

We just looked, and there was a VERY bright, shimmering thing in the SW Sky...

KillJoy

The star SIRIUS (the brightest star viewable from the northern hemisphere) is still up and in that location just as its getting dark. The ISS became visible to the east of it tonight.

Dad came in from Cleveland, and I remembered this site. We poured a couple of wines and went out to watch the ISS.

I gotta say...I've seen satellites before, but that was definitely the brightest thing I've seen aside from a comet. Pretty cool stuff. Thanks again for posting!