Spinoff: stock buy investment bp/gs

Yeah I don't typically use stops either. I'd rather ride out down days most of the time. Now once I'm well into profit I'll set a trailing stop at around -4% if I don't mind it selling on a day like today.

I was pissed when I saw that SIRI did that dip then bounced back. I even had money waiting for something like that. Both my bosses picked a great day to be out of town so as lead and senior tech I got really busy with hot issues.

Today was insane.

I just happened to be watching when the dow went down 1000 points in minutes.

Someone made millions in a matter of 15 seconds. From what I understand they are cancelling a bunch of trades though. Someone, somewhere screwed up big time.:eek:

If you aren't convinced GS is going up, you think it's going down but don't want burnt why don't you just put on a long straddle. With enough movement either way you win.

I was hoping BP would come down more, but looks like someone read Lance's above posts about BP's liability in the matter because their stock price has basically shrugged off any negative news already. I didn't end up buying it when I saw it was holding pretty well at 48-49 the other day.

I was just telling my wife that if she wanted now would be a good time to sell her FITB and mess with something else. She's up 400% over 12 months and I'm not expecting FITB to do anymore than $16 for a few years. She wants to go long though.

Yeah its a regional bank. Unless they start acquiring tons of banks, I dont see it happening.

• 2 weeks later...
So who is awash in bp or gs now?

I knew this was coming......

How's F doing?

Unless you closed your positions or you're short an index, you're down since this thread started.

As stated before they were LONG term calls.

They are starting to get more tempting though.

I'm just so sick of PIGS and Chinese housing moving the market.

Fundamentals are out the door right now....

You seem to do a lot of day trading. I'd be interested in what you've been tracking. PM me if you rather not post it.

Guest 614Streets

SIRI. The russell rebalance comes may 27th. Also the shareholders meeting is friday. Mel Karmazin raised guidance yesterday. Options expire friday.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/SIRIUS-Foresees-Serious-zacks-1593851096.html?x=0&.v=1

I also Like FRS. Frischs resturants.

I agree sentiment is owning fundementals. Or so it seems.

Also bp and goldman are being sued. http://blogs.forbes.com/energysource/2010/05/18/bp-goldman-sued-oil-fraud/?partner=yahootix

Also Germany just set a naked short ban that goes live tonight , that will affect citi, goldman , jp morgan.

Guest 614Streets
im buying up F calls on all these dips.

FRS interesting play, looks like a long play for sure. that volume is surprisingly so low. i like swing trading but this looks like a good buy on dip play.

I agree , I am not in it yet , but I hope to diversify into FRS if SIRI clears the current FCC hurdle.

http://www.frischs.com/sec_filings.html

http://www.frischs.com/

LOW 20's might be a great long term entry.

• 2 weeks later...

BP time? I'm scared to touch it.

Watching the statements at the Judiciary it appears there is little fault in BP.

Rent rig. Rig responsible for any damages or spills as per contract. I am sure they will have to pay something as a "save face" move but definitely not $300 billion.

BP time? I'm scared to touch it.

Watching the statements at the Judiciary it appears there is little fault in BP.

Rent rig. Rig responsible for any damages or spills as per contract. I am sure they will have to pay something as a "save face" move but definitely not $300 billion.

This is an interesting play, because BP only owns the well, but Im guessing Transocean (RIG) is the one leasing and drilling it.... solely based on this post.

So, I mean the news is awful. Obama is vowing to get them by the jugular, they end up getting a lawsuit in motion against them, etc. I mean at the time back in the 80's the largest oil spill was the Exxon Valdez, but look where (XOM) is today. If there is one thing we can learn, it is that history repeats itself.

This awful news may actually make BP an attractive company for speculative buyers.