98 Ls1 Exhaust suggestions

Protection

Any lsx car this is going to go H/C will make more power with a 1 7/8 header over a 1 3/4.

For any artical you find I'm sure I can't find twice as many people who either ET better with the larger exhaust or made more power on the dyno.

go for it, i didn't say 1 3/4" anywhere so i'm sure you will find that. smaller headers make more torque than big headers.

not the artical i was talking about but still a good read.

go for it, i didn't say 1 3/4" anywhere so i'm sure you will find that. smaller headers make more torque than big headers.

not the artical i was talking about but still a good read.

Smaller headers will more torque down low but, will not make more power or torque in the mid to upper range.

Power under the curve 1 7/8 headers make more power not to mention that is a stock cammed car. Any one that wants to make big power will always make more with 1 7/8

If you want to get good power, good sound, and do it for $700 or less...Do my setup. Pacesetter Long tubes ($315), Pacesetter ORY ($200), magnaflow 1 chamber bullet muffler ($65), dumped before the axle. Sounds awesome, flows great, cheap as hell lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried thread searches and i cannot find a define answer. Bottom line is I HAVE BBK 1 7/8 headers with 2.5 ORY on the way. I currently have An All Stock a4 Z28.

Should I keep the 2.5 ORY And Get my SLPLM?

Or

Sell the ORY And run A custom True Dual Exhaust?

If i run true duals, what size piping should i go with? 2.5? 2.75? 3? 1.5? Lol

I'm Going for the most performance on a factory motor with a lid. Maybe heads and cam later.

I don't really care about drone or how loud itll be. I just want the best numbers dyno wise.

I also picked up 2 3" flowmaster mufflers also

Are you sure the BBK headers you got are 1 7/8s? The only ones they sell on their website are 1 3/4.

You want the Y to be atleast 3 inches and if you are looking for the best performance you should have listened to my first post in this thread.

Well, rude boy. I want to see if anyone has done a custom tru dual exhaust and maybe has numbers from a switch from an ory. But it looks like two people have fbody's on here. But I know if I were going y pipe I'd want a 3 inch. But since I'm thinking duals three inch may not be the best. So anyone else. 2.5 inch or 2.75 on the duals? No y pipe. No x pipe. Just straight back with the flowmaSTer mufflers I have.

stock Y pipe for a reason, clearance issues.

good luck fitting much else under the car. When people do the x pipe it dumps before the rear axle.

This is the last time I'm going to say this to you. The cheapest way to make the most power is Longtubes, ORY and a cut out.

Edited by Linn

This is the last time I'm going to say this to you. The cheapest way to make the most power is Longtubes, ORY and a cut out.

+1, and if you still don't believe it, do some research on tech. Dyno sheets and track times do not lie

Well, rude boy. I want to see if anyone has done a custom tru dual exhaust and maybe has numbers from a switch from an ory. But it looks like two people have fbody's on here. But I know if I were going y pipe I'd want a 3 inch. But since I'm thinking duals three inch may not be the best. So anyone else. 2.5 inch or 2.75 on the duals? No y pipe. No x pipe. Just straight back with the flowmaSTer mufflers I have.

1.) The dyno whp difference on your setup between an ORY and true duals are going to be negligible.

2.) You're adding more weight running two mufflers instead of one.

3.) If you want power and speed...why did you go with flowmaster mufflers? Those are barely a step up from stock!

2.) You're adding more weight running two mufflers instead of one.

3.) If you want power and speed...why did you go with flowmaster mufflers? Those are barely a step up from stock!

Good Point. And I Thought it was a "sorta" significant difference Switching.

Good Point. And I Thought it was a "sorta" significant difference Switching.

Not at all. Your only significant differance will be with a CUTOUT there is a reason why so many people run them. Once you start to make over 400 wheel 1 7/8 longtubes are a must. When I upgrade from 1 3/4 to 2 inch I'll post the graph of me picking up 20 - 30 wheel.

Like Squale said Flowmasters barley make more power than a stock muffler.

Here is what my car did when it was a h/c car with the cut out open and closed.

http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/playwithlinn/?action=view&current=LinnCutoutvsStockMuffler.jpg&newest=1

I dont see how this thread lasted past this answer???

It is easy cheap sounds good and makes great power...