WTB: Walther P99 gen1 DA/SA 9mm

Rob1647545496

WTB: Walther P99 gen1 DA/SA 9mm preferably stainless slide.

anyone know where i can find one?

also looking for a cheap 10/22 don't need the stock

and a black synthetic stock for a remington 700 .30-06

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/7/70/WaltherP99_twotoneA.jpg/300px-WaltherP99_twotoneA.jpg

1. Buy black one

2. Send slide to Robar for NP3.

3. ????

4. Profit

looking now

i didn't really want to have anything on the gun changed but a black one looks like my only hope, i can get a black one for $500. found one with a stainless slide in arkansas and the guy wants $1200 for it. and found a titanium coated slide for $650-$750 but it's a gen 2 and i don't want a gen 2.

I believe so. In fact, I think S&W makes these for Walther, or maybe its the other way around. They're affiliated in one way or another.

S&W makes Walther's for distribution in North America.

there is a S&W version and a magnum research version "baby eagle" which actually says "baby" on it this time. :(

"The SW99 frame, although made by Walther in Germany, has a rounded trigger guard. The shape and composition of the SW99's slide is also different. The slide and barrel of the SW99 are stainless steel and melonite-finished. The slide and barrel of the P99 are steel and tennifer-treated. The P99 is considered by most to be superior to the SW99"

and no one agrees on how to classify the generations due to the number of changes but the big changes came in 2004 so most stick to the gen1 gen2 i don't like the serations on the gen2 slide and i don't like the looks of the SW99 or the baby eagle compared to the walther design.