Major_golf

Yes it does in fact lack cup holders. The whole air ride thunderbird thing it's not that I don't want the bags I can't aford to fix them and the ride is geting uncomfterble siting on it's nutz
  • Upvote 2

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it does in fact lack cup holders. The whole air ride thunderbird thing it's not that I don't want the bags I can't aford to fix them and the ride is geting uncomfterble siting on it's nutz

But it looks much better that way..

so it handles like those cars too? sounds like your unbased opinion only deals with how much power something makes insted of a whole package.:rolleyes:

Nope, Science Abuse a car built on that platform. I'd dare say he could throw that car around any course faster than most members of this board, against any car they choose.

Stop trolling new guys thread, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about anyway. :)

so it handles like those cars too? sounds like your unbased opinion only deals with how much power something makes insted of a whole package.:rolleyes:

Would you like to be slapped by him or me? I open lap an MN12 and regularly make Fbodies and Mustangs look like absolute fools. My 190rwp tbird would turn similar laps to C5 Vetts at places like Mid Ohio and Beaverun. Pony cars hand like shit. period. They need thousands of dollars pumped into them to fix their defficiencies. I'm currently running a 3600lb, 250rwh Cougar in HPDE 3 that was never (never) passed by anything that doesn't have R compounds at this Aprils Mid Ohio event. 600hp C5s have had to get out of my way. I'll have 275 wide R compounds on it in July.

You only know about main stream cars because you follow trends. The MN12 is wider, has a better suspension, can handle more tire, and handles infinitely better with no modifications than any Mustang GT or Z28 ever built. Would you like specifics? Would you like to know why the Mark 8 is a better platform than mine? You only see old folks driving these, you're infected with somethng called "Stigma."

It also has the lowest drag coefficient of anything you could buy at the time, including supercars.

http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/images/181%20mph%201993%20Mark%20VIII.jpg

You two should fight it out. Fastest lap around mid ohio with current running vehicle. :D

I win already. :bangbang:

Great to have a Mark 8 on the board. Definately get rid of the Air Ride, its useless.

That's ok almost every one thinks their car is gods gift to them. They will just have to learn the hard way that it's not. Just remember no mater how bad ass your car is some one will always have something better to shut you up

Guest Removed
oh i'm sorry, i guess the driver has nothing to do with a car on track.

that has some to do with it... but i could toss a monkey in your old vette and toss you in a civic, which one do you think would win... im betting on the vette :p

That's ok almost every one thinks their car is gods gift to them. They will just have to learn the hard way that it's not. Just remember no mater how bad ass your car is some one will always have something better to shut you up

True. The only way to be happy is to build the car that makes you happy and screw what everybody else thinks.

Then why the fuck would you make a negative comment over why he was modding this particular car? Stay on track here AJ.

But you're right, the driver has a lot to do with how fast the car goes. The car also helps. Slower drivers need to buy (vettes) a faster car to make up for lack of skill.

Yes and no. The HPDE lap days puts people of similar skill levels in the same group. My last day of HPDE 2, I was slaughtering the group like a wolf upon lambs. My first day in HPDE3, though, was the first time I'd been passed by anything in a while... it was a race prepped GT2 on R compounds.

So....the Mark 8 was alot like the modern Camaro? Over prowered, Heavy and Slow?

Not neccesarily. They out option the Thunderbird (heavy seats, sound deadener, air ride stuff) yet have the same curb weight. Lincoln did this by using lightweight materials throughout the construction. So, when you gut the car, it's a hundred or so pounds lighter than its MN12 counterparts.

You can take them down to 3000lb without cutting, then add a cage and start cutting. ;) loose the 4r70w for a tremec and you'll lose more weight and parasitic power loss.

Does any one know if I can use the thunderbird coils with out moding anything

You need to have a spring seat in your lower control arms in the rear. That's about it. Think of a rubber thing shaped like a top hat. the diameter of the spring is smaller than the diameter of the air-ride bladder seat.

Then why the fuck would you make a negative comment over why he was modding this particular car? Stay on track here AJ.

But you're right, the driver has a lot to do with how fast the car goes. The car also helps. Slower drivers need to buy (vettes) a faster car to make up for lack of skill.

actually i was faster than eric in the same car last year at lemons per the lap chart craig was keeping so vettes have nothing to do with it if thats where you are trying to go with that.

See? I me ouch, damn. :cry:

You should borrow the XR7 for Beaverun, I'll tech it, no problems. :p

me has no moneys for track days this year:(. i'm hopeing to be able to get out to some next year for sure.