My first pc was?

thorne

Apple IIe, green/black monitor, 80 column card with an extra 56K of RAM bumping it to 128. Two 5.25 floppy drives. My mom taught business english (typing, short hand, etc...) and needed to learn to use a PC before she had to start teaching them. I took it over in short order and was the only family member to touch it for years.

My first PC I bought was in college. 486DX 33MHz, 1 Meg VESA video card, 8 whole megs of RAM, 100 MB hard disk, 2400KB modem. Even had the TURBO button. It was SMOKING for the time. A friend asked me "Oh my god man, what are you going to do with all that space?"

lol I forgot all about the turbo button. Holy shit, how could I? I had one on the samsung, too.

I had a Trash80 mobile took 6 double A's If i remember. I carried it around school and took notes. Fuck um I got shit for it but I didn't care. But it was super outdated when I got it I was just happy to have something i could take some notes on.

The turbo button was FUCKING EPIC. I would straight up hit it on someone before they started play doom and they would be crying about being slow until they looked over and seen there 66 said 33

386 16Mhz

40MB hard drive.

3.5 and 5.25 floppys

16.6 modem if I remember correctly.

Running some version of DR-DOS, and had Windows 3.1. Can't recall how much ram it had, but it wasn't much. It was cool back then at least.

Mine was an original Apple ][ with two nice 5 1/4 floppy drives and 128k of memory. I also had a sweet NEC Dot Matrix Printer for printing of my Word Star program. :cool: all this Circa 1979-1980 Pics later :o

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Science/images-2/atari-2600.jpg

And then something running windows, Had a clock speed display and a Turbo button, that's about all i can remember of it.

Ti-99/4A (beige version) with matching cassette drive

http://chung.yikes.com/~leonard/mirrors/ti99/beigeti.jpg

then

Atari 800xl w/64k ram - 5.25" floppy - 1200 baud modem

http://www.atarimuseum.com/computers/8BITS/XL/800xl/800xl.jpg

then

IBM 386PC w/super crappy specs. (Can't recall), but I do recall installing a 486 Pentium upgrade chip...

Commodore 64!

First computer I built myself was a Celeron 300a overclocked to 527mHz. I lost interest in overclocking/tweaking when I turned 16.. wonder why that was :D

I did have a 400mhz celeron at one point that I had running at over 600mhz. This was on the first computer that was somewhat mine, running windows 98. That bitch was something special.

I did have a 400mhz celeron at one point that I had running at over 600mhz. This was on the first computer that was somewhat mine, running windows 98. That bitch was something special.

We're talking old school.. mid/early 80's shit. before you were born. :gtfo:

We're talking old school.. mid/early 80's shit. before you were born. :gtfo:

If I had my old phone with me I'd dig up the pictures of the old token-ring lan equipment that was in use up until last summer at some gov building down town.

I still have my working Commodore 64 and 128. Had 2 disk drives to pirate other people's games and programs. Of course a nasty puke green monitor. And also a dot matrix printer. I had a program for writing banners where one letter was the size of one piece of paper. Worked well since the printer paper is always attached together.

Also Games! I had my grandpa at the time buy a few of those game packages that came with 5 floppy disks. Each disk was loaded with a lot of games.