cooper park

undr_psi

Please help the proposed Cooper park complex. If you would like to see a state of the art race facility here in central Ohio go to http://coopertalk.info and sign the online petition and let your voice be heard. But don't stop there, help spread the word of the good this will do for Columbus, not... only for new jobs, but how cool will it be to have a local track here in the heart of Ohio.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

huh, seems like a cool idea. Can someone tell me more details please?

like, would it have a drag track (1/4 mile) or would it just be a nascar type of thing?

No The track will be a teardrop shape, aimed to get groups liek ARCA and NASA here.

No 1/4 mi. No care.

agreed.

So, you'd rather have your tax dollars wasted on a "SkyGarden" than support a PRIVATE MONEY to come into the area and put in a center that will bring money to the city, WITHOUT taxing you?

Brilliant.

I'd rather have that thing. Looks cool. The track seems dumb to me. I'm not ever going race on it, and i'm not ever going to go watch a race, but i probably would check out that sky garden.

Don't let me discourage those of you who want it though. I'm not gonna vote or campaign against it or anything like that. I just don't care, as Habitual Sinner stated.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea. I'm just saying that I have no care/use for the types of events that will be held there. And I don't exactly agree with the area. I can guarantee there will be a record number of thefts during the first event alone.

100% agree with you. You said what i was trying to.

For those saying they will never race on it/don't care for it... it should be noted that the Arshot group has been VERY welcome to hearing the SCCA's wants/needs for the infield to be paved, so that we can hold autocross events there. Maybe you're still sitting there thinking "ok, but I don't care about autocross." But, at least realize that many members on this forum would benefit firsthand if this park goes through.

Plus, as was mentioned, would you rather a private business, or a tax funded <anything>?

For those saying they will never race on it/don't care for it... it should be noted that the Arshot group has been VERY welcome to hearing the SCCA's wants/needs for the infield to be paved, so that we can hold autocross events there. Maybe you're still sitting there thinking "ok, but I don't care about autocross." But, at least realize that many members on this forum would benefit firsthand if this park goes through.

Plus, as was mentioned, would you rather a private business, or a tax funded <anything>?

Just making the point that I don't personally care for those type of events. I know that many CR members would have an intrest in the park. I never said it was a bad idea, just not my thing.

If this all happens, it will be awesome sauce. Glad there will be a sweet track close by to have fun on, better than having to take a trip to Nelson. I had more anti-1320 stuff prepared, but I would just get flamed for it, so I cut it out.