Question about felonys/ firearms

boosted98gst

Felony/Dishonorable Discharge from the US Military are one in the same, as in your RIGHT to own a firearm is taken. Expunging your record is a great way to start, then move from there.

I have an honorable discharge, and I started off as a corrections officer, then went to become a Counselor, now I am lead counselor. I work with all the probation officers and judges in 8 countys , also with all the men.

I know there is a process. Its not as easy as some say. I am questiong that he actually knows 1 much less more than 1 police officer that has had a felony expunged.

Expungement requires drafting and filing of a motion (a formal legal document asking the court to take a particular action). The expungement motion will be filed with the court that sentenced you, and it will also have to be served on the prosecutor in some cases, and the probation department. At the expungement hearing, oral or non-oral, the court must be convinced through persuasion and demonstration that your rehabilitation has been obtained and that you are deserving of an expungement. An expungement is a privilege and not a right. The court may deny your expungement if they question that you have met all the qualifications under the Ohio Revised Code, or the court is not satisfied that you have been rehabilitated.

3 years for a felony 1 year for M1-M5's , you also can not have any type of violent crimes (against spouce or kids or anyone else) you can not have a DUI or and type of moving violatoin (becides speeding and minor traffic) If you have a DUI or street racing ect you can never have it taken off.

Guest tbutera2112
Expungement requires drafting and filing of a motion (a formal legal document asking the court to take a particular action). The expungement motion will be filed with the court that sentenced you, and it will also have to be served on the prosecutor in some cases, and the probation department. At the expungement hearing, oral or non-oral, the court must be convinced through persuasion and demonstration that your rehabilitation has been obtained and that you are deserving of an expungement. An expungement is a privilege and not a right. The court may deny your expungement if they question that you have met all the qualifications under the Ohio Revised Code, or the court is not satisfied that you have been rehabilitated.

3 years for a felony 1 year for M1-M5's , you also can not have any type of violent crimes (against spouce or kids or anyone else) you can not have a DUI or and type of moving violatoin (becides speeding and minor traffic) If you have a DUI or street racing ect you can never have it taken off.

then why dont you get it expunged?

then why dont you get it expunged?

I really would, but after calling laywers the cost seems to be really high for me right now, Plus its not 100%. If it was just several thousand I would take a gamble, most of the laywers want around X,XXX bucks from start to finish.

1. wait the allotted time required to get your record expunged

2. call lawyer

3. pay money

4. show up for court

5. tell the judge you haven't done anything wrong since then and need to have them sealed to make sure you can get an important job or something, so it doesn't impact your life negatively.

6. wait long enough for courts to seal records.

7. purchase firearm (dealer has the background check done).

8. ?????????

9. profit.

my legal fees to get my records sealed was like $300 (i called around and others were $500-800) not hard at all to do.

See thats not true, because I know police officers that have had felonys. There is a process and a way, I just need to find the right person or whatever.

PM me if you want amy attorney's number. He has a number of clients get their rights reenstated.

i know that a felon can own/purchase a muzzleloader but they cant go buy a shotgun? wtf is the difference you can do crimes with both!! lol

The "man" wants to be sure if they are gonna run up on you that you're only gonna get 1 shot off.

Well, muzzleloaders do not require a back ground check, but some places still do it anyway.

A shotgun, rifle and handgun (pistols and long guns) both require the lovely ATF paperwork. Of course in OH at the moment there is no requirement for this between individuals. Questions are supposed to be asked and answered, but sometimes this doesn't always happen.

The "man" wants to be sure if they are gonna run up on you that you're only gonna get 1 shot off.

The man should fear a muzzle loader, too. The man should learn from the Civil War about what happens to humans struck by large pieces of flying lead.

The man should fear a muzzle loader, too. The man should learn from the Civil War about what happens to humans struck by large pieces of flying lead.

If Im the "man" and Im running up on a felon with my trigger happy brothren at my side Im not worried about a single shot muzzle loader. Id never be the first to enter anyway.