QS&L starting again, friday nights

SmokeShank

I got an email about QS&L starting up (without being kicked out!) again. It sounds like alot of rice, but atleast its promoted by the location.

e-mail:

Great News! Sport and Import Car Club of Columbus has finally secured a spot to begin holding regular car club meet ups. Starting May 21st we will host “Fast and Furious Friday Night Cruise-ins” at Quaker State and Lube 8500 Lyra Drive Columbus, Ohio 43240.

Exclusive club parking, great food prices, lots of hot rides in a fun friendly atmosphere -The patio will house the DJ for the evening, along with announcements, games and giveaways.

Come join us starting May 21st @ 7pm and every other Friday after that all summer long.

No Charge! Free to all. Drive in and hang out!

Shine up those cars and we'll see you there!

just putting the word out for them.

• Confused 1

Guest tbutera2112

their food is good....thank god for bike nights, get to go here and hang out, relax, etc....not a fart can in sight

although...theres always those damn hardley guys getting in the way

Until their shitty management reneges on their agreement to host them.

Lol, you always did have the gift of foresight.

Seriously though, "Fast and Furious Night" = Every POS Honda in columbus free reving and smacking into each other like bumper cars... and maybe hitting curbs or emo kids too.

• Confused 1

This has to be a joke.

Nope, not meant as a joke, Ben, although it might turn out to be one.

I've attended a couple of events this group has staged. There are usually 10-20 people. The founder of the group is a high school student from Johnstown. His name is also Ben, and he's very enthusiastic and hard-working, but I'm not sure his expectations are very realistic (he can be forgiven that at age 16, I think).

I'd like to see him get the group off the ground, but as Anthony suggested in this thread, if he gets something big going at QSL, they'll likely pull the plug on it. Then, he'll learn a valuable lesson about how the world works, although I know he'll be really disheartened.

He got permission to display club cars at the Ohio State Fair and has lined up sponsors for some good awards and prizes. The kid's got moxie. :) I've brought cars to his events to try to help promote them. I'm not sure I'll make it to QSL soon, but it might be worth cruising through on a warm night just to see what's up.

Their website: http://www.meetup.com/Columbus-import-car-club/

Interesting, I have a feeling this will last like 10 seconds. If the police HAVE to show up to EVERY meet, it's kinda lame. Especially for people who need to keep their driving records clean for their automotive job. Something a lot of people don't think about when being stupid.

#1 complaint at the CSCC Automotive Dept. "Man I wish I could land a job in my field, but I can't becuz I acted a fool in a parking lot"

Meet with management

Get approval

Get kicked out

Meet with management again

get approval

Get kicked out

Meet with management

Get approval and orange cones

Get kicked out

Meet with management

Lose approval

Go to Hooters