B18B1, Its crunch time!

jeffro

picked up a b18b1 today and its time to rebuild it. currently has 177k on it. doesnt smoke or leak oil. feels solid. completely stock unmolested. driven by an older dude.

what i need:

-help finding a rebuild kit for it. something that includes all seals, bearings, rings, whatever parts that wear out.

-help finding a set of piston and rods, as this will be a boosted motor.

-machine shop to hone out the cylinders. cost?

pretty much just looking for a built bottom and and an entire engine overhaul. ive got 1500$ to work with.

Honda gaskets, seals, belts, bearings. (dont cheap out honda doesnt like many aftermarket parts and plenty of people that will tell ya they put 3+ autozone timing belts on and they stretch etc).

pistons and rods go aftermarket Eagle, Manley, JE, CP, Weisco etc.

Machine shop Phillips racing engines, fowler, etc.

Good luck trying to buy good parts and machine shop under that budget. Engine builds nickle and dime you to death. M&M machine in delaware is a great place to rebuild, like ive said before mike rush and his little team know their shit.

Good luck trying to buy good parts and machine shop under that budget. Engine builds nickle and dime you to death. M&M machine in delaware is a great place to rebuild, like ive said before mike rush and his little team know their shit.

i didnt even read his budget part must have skimmed over it but everything Boosted98gst said is correct.

I guess how far you want to take it? but buying nice rods and pistons will eat that buget up. Just like he said you will have some change over for little parts. Since the engine is being built for boost the block and head have to be true. Then small things like hone the block, hot tanked, ect. then while you have it apart that high ass mile motor should get the head refreshed.

Did u not do your research before u decided to sell the mustang? Money wise, parts time ect

Ill say it again should of kept the mustang man... u might be in over ur head pub.

Smartest thing I have ever heard you say.

Jeffro If you want to have a reliable build, turbo setup and the drive train to support it I hope your planning on spending 8k+++. Been there done that. The Sleeved block on my integra alone was $2600 BARE!!

Just go to the junkyard an buy like 10 spare motors an Throw a ton of boost at it when it blows take an afternoon an swap em :lol: btw I'm not joking rob used to do this with a n2o civic lol Edited by Paul

Guest Removed
Just go to the junkyard an buy like 10 spare motors an Throw a ton of boost at it when it blows take an afternoon an swap em :lol: btw I'm not joking rob used to do this with a n2o civic lol

blow it friday, back racing saturday night :D

did the same thing with valves in my b18a1... i should build another ls motor car... but with the motor in the back.:cool:

We always get our machine work done by Chuck at Wakeman Auto. Yeah, it's a drive, but he does a hell of a job and reasonably priced. He is quick and gets our stuff done within a day or two. He doesn't talk down to us cause we don't have v8 stuff either, unlike our local machine shop.

Good luck with $1500.00. We have found out over the years that you get what you pay for. The setup in our Honda has been running strong for many years now after we learned that lesson and buying cheap parts. He drives it daily and runs the hell outta it, no trailer queen here.

Save up and turbo it, or just say screw it and have some fun. If you wanna sell the tranny, let me know. We need spare LS trans. as long as it's a manual I assume.

Guest Removed
Honda gaskets, seals, belts, bearings. (dont cheap out honda doesnt like many aftermarket parts and plenty of people that will tell ya they put 3+ autozone timing belts on and they stretch etc).

pistons and rods go aftermarket Eagle, Manley, JE, CP, Weisco etc.

Machine shop Phillips racing engines, fowler, etc.

and you can do a home made block saver on the cheap too.. all the info you need is over on honda tech dot come