B18B1, Its crunch time!

jeffro

Guest Removed
Whose to say the block even needs machined.

LMAO... after market pistons and rods, and completing a short block... you need a machine shop bro. even if you put it together yourself.

like rob just said, if you want this thing to last, or even run right for that matter, you better do it right the first time. for 1500, your best bet is to get on craigslist and try to find you a lower mileage motor, and a cheap turbo. Just use the remaining money (if any) to put new bearings in the motor. With that you could prolly run 8-9 pounds of boost pretty safely.

Jeff please listen to what people are telling you here. It may not be what you want to hear but it comes from experiences that others have had.

I have seen first hand what happens when you try to do cheap machine work on a motor. It will cost you double in the end and be a big mess. Not trying to tell you what to do but it would suck for you to not listen, blow it up, and then have to deal with the aftermath.

Jeff please listen to what people are telling you here. It may not be what you want to hear but it comes from experiences that others have had.

I have seen first hand what happens when you try to do cheap machine work on a motor. It will cost you double in the end and be a big mess. Not trying to tell you what to do but it would suck for you to not listen, blow it up, and then have to deal with the aftermath.

and its not only that. a buddy of mine had a 96? civic that was turboed by slowmotion motorsports. Not sure what all the engine had interal wise, but i know it had been at least rebuilt. they had a good solid car that ran 13's on i believe 7 pounds of boost. they turned it up to like 10 or 12 and popped 2 motors by doing this, and were talking good low mileage motors. if you turbo a stock 177 mile motor on 9-10 pounds, it aint gonna last.

Guest Removed
and its not only that. a buddy of mine had a 96? civic that was turboed by slowmotion motorsports. Not sure what all the engine had interal wise, but i know it had been at least rebuilt. they had a good solid car that ran 13's on i believe 7 pounds of boost. they turned it up to like 10 or 12 and popped 2 motors by doing this, and were talking good low mileage motors. if you turbo a stock 177 mile motor on 9-10 pounds, it aint gonna last.

the sleeve's float in the block on a honda... thats why if your going to boost one, block guard is like the first thing to do to one, with head studs and a oe gasket to hold more then 8 psi

and you can do a home made block saver on the cheap too.. all the info you need is over on honda tech dot come

you talking about some block post like these Rob!

http://theoldone.com/components/Posts/endyn_block_post_kits.htm

there have been multiple DIY solutions to trying to save the block but a block guard isnt to bad on a budget even since the block needs to go to a shop and be honed and parts installed anyway.