brake pulsation help on 98 chevy monte carlo help

SinisterSS

I'm working on a 98 monte carlo 3.1, guy is complaining about braking vibrations, did the inspection and saw someone installed new factory pads, shoes, didn't do anything with the drums or rotors, also found the left front brake caliper was sticking, so i replaced the caliper, front rotors, and rear drums, I test drove the car and when braking the pedal still pulsates, so I then measured the runout on all the hubs and all are okay, did I over look anything? :mad:

Guest Removed

ok well did you turn the drums?

if you feel it in the pedal, and not in the wheel. i bet the drums are warped(yes right out of the box. put them in the brake lathe and hit the cutter on it lightly to find it

Guest Removed
you got a bad drum.. i have seen it a ton.. and it dont matter where you get parts. drums get tossed around in shipping and will do this. i got to the point i was checking them before installing them....

you got a bad drum.. i have seen it a ton.. and it dont matter where you get parts. drums get tossed around in shipping and will do this. i got to the point i was checking them before installing them....

I did take them back apart after a test drive and the left rear looks as if the shoes aren't making full contact all the way around, so that maybe the one

Guest 614Streets

Bad drums. That cheap china drums come bad sometimes! I have seen it!

Only thing else is maybe the rear parking brake pads need adjusted or are loose.

Bad drums. That cheap china drums come bad sometimes! I have seen it!

Only thing else is maybe the rear parking brake pads need adjusted or are loose.

this! I removed the drums and resurfaced them, both were out of round but the issue is fixed, Thanks guys! and I just want to say what a waste of time for new drums if they're junk from the start

you could also apply the parking brake slowly and see if you feel the pulsation. that will tell you for sure if its in the rear drums.

Not neccessarily. Depends on the parking brake setup (may differ from car to car) and/or where the actual warpage/damage is.

Glad you figure it out, man. Nothing pisses me off more (well, there are things) than getting a new, malfunctioning part. I received a bad 'brand new' tps for my car awhile back and was stuck for what seemed like forever trying to find a problem I thought the TPS would solve. Took forever, but I finally realized my new tps was the problem. :(

Not neccessarily. Depends on the parking brake setup (may differ from car to car) and/or where the actual warpage/damage is.

Glad you figure it out, man. Nothing pisses me off more (well, there are things) than getting a new, malfunctioning part. I received a bad 'brand new' tps for my car awhile back and was stuck for what seemed like forever trying to find a problem I thought the TPS would solve. Took forever, but I finally realized my new tps was the problem. :(

yeah when I installed the new drums, and found it didn't fix the issue, we installed another new set under parts warranty and it still didn't fix it, after the resurface it was good to go

that's almost what it feels like, but the ABS light doesn't come on when braking and there are no codes stored

it won't turn on the light take a helper and have them watch the wheel speed values when you stop.... it doesn't have to be off much wheel to wheel to activate the abs

on that car you can, i have done it on many of them. i know my way around GM cars like you know the back of you hand.

Guest Removed
it won't turn on the light take a helper and have them watch the wheel speed values when you stop.... it doesn't have to be off much wheel to wheel to activate the abs

factory tolerance is a few mph difference for each wheel... when cornering, not all the wheels turn the same speed. all depends on the logic thats programmed into the bcm